PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas what the problem is?

Magz_rule
10-14-2009, 05:29 PM
Have a 1993 honda civic, was on the way to school this morning and about halfway there it loses a lot of power, i see a big cloud of smoke coming from the exhaust and it overheats really bad. I pull over for a few minutes try it again same thing. So i get it towed home, while moving it about 10 feet up the driveway it barely ran, idling at like 200 rpm's. Throw it in park and bam its as good as new, Power is back, not overheating, no smoke, no rough idle, took it around the block fine. This has happened a couple times ( loss of power, its never overheated before) And its also lost zero coolant, any idea what the problem could be? Thought headgasket but wouldnt that be a problem thats always around and doesnt just come and go, and plus the fact i havent lost any coolant?

Stalin-ohaulic
10-14-2009, 05:32 PM
How is your oil pressure when this is going on?

CRXBMPN
10-14-2009, 05:33 PM
yeah it cant be a head gasket, thats what I thought before you mentioned it.
odd issue

ace23
10-14-2009, 05:34 PM
check your thermostat more than likely that could be it

Magz_rule
10-14-2009, 05:49 PM
Hmm didnt check the oil pressure when this was going on, ill check that but yea thermostat would explain the overheating but not the other problems, wonder if it IS the headgasket its just not using enough coolant for me to notice? Hmm idk :(

Magz_rule
10-14-2009, 05:53 PM
Checked the oil pressure, was fine..

galacticmonkey
10-14-2009, 05:56 PM
I know this is a crazy idea... But maybe go have a mechanic look at it? :confused: