PDA

View Full Version : Box Shape Help

jahn
11-25-2003, 08:33 AM
I am building separate boxes for my 2 Kicker Solo-Baric L5 12"s. I want to conserve as much space as I can in my trunk. I want to put one sub on the left side of my trunk and the other on the right side. I am hoping to shape the boxes so that each runs long, but is very thin. In other words, I want each box basically the shape of a box used in trucks. There won't be much space inside the box behind the sub, and most of the space will be to its sides. Does the performance of the sub decrease as the box is more rectangular, as opposed to a square-shaped box? Thanks for your help.

Trixter
11-25-2003, 09:40 AM
Should work out fine. Not too familiar with the L5's but if they have a vented pole piece then you will want to leave at least a few inches between the magnet and the back of the box.

Woodmister
11-25-2003, 09:45 AM
The shape of your box dosent not matter. You can have a circle shaped box if you want as long as its the cuft you need. How about you give us the specs of your sub and maby the dimentions of your trunk. Also the height, width, and lenght you want to work with...