PDA

View Full Version : Playing one source on multiple stereos at the same time? (FM transmitter?)

mcsoul
10-07-2009, 12:42 PM
I want to be able to play one source (say a dvd ripped with mp3's or an ipod) on all the stereos in the house at the same time. All the FM transmitters I see are for the car and likely have a limited range, and possibly a limited frequency range too. A slingbox may do it, but it seems a little expensive and feature rich for what I want to do. Basically, I want to press play in one room and all the stereos in the house will play that song at once (in unison).

Any ideas?

hempy
10-07-2009, 01:21 PM
Are they all just standard cd player/radio and ht receivers?

I've streamed music to multiple computers, but I'm sure there's some sort of wifi-based streaming unit if you plan on spending money.

I thought Slingbox was more for broadcasting through broadband to view away from your home?

There are also probably bluetooth options, but I'm not sure the quality would be. I'd stay away from fm transmitters though. Those things are trash.

JimJ
10-07-2009, 06:32 PM
but I'm sure there's some sort of wifi-based streaming unit if you plan on spending money.

Squeezebox.