PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys/girls!

sumthin2die4
09-23-2009, 10:41 PM
Hey came across this forum tonight by searching google. Looking to get my old broken amp fixed and back into car audio :p: Doesn't look like it's a hard fix. I haven't even had a chance to look around the forum yet. So I should go do that now ;) Anyways thanks guys.

Jon from Toronto, Ontario, Canada;)

528hz
09-23-2009, 10:44 PM
Velcome!

What amp do you have?

sumthin2die4
09-23-2009, 10:48 PM
Kenwood KAC-929

My power and ground wires were both black 4 gauge and stupid me tried to hook it up in the dark... ya so I connected ground to positive and the positive to ground. Stupid of me. It blew a fuse and I took it apart a year ago. Just getting off my butt now and wanting to fix it up my self. I've already searched a bit on this forum and looks like one of the IRFIZ44N power supply mosfets is blown. Not sure where to proceed to next. Gonna PM a guy on here that looks like he knows what he's talking about.

Side Show
09-23-2009, 10:48 PM
try open up the amp and check everything, if nothing looks burnt or fried, try check your inline fuse, hopefully that jus blew

dman4486
09-23-2009, 10:49 PM
sup...what you have planned?

528hz
09-23-2009, 10:52 PM
I would just find a replacement in the classifieds. Probably be a better cost\benefit than repairing it, but that's just me.

sumthin2die4
09-23-2009, 10:56 PM
sup...what you have planned?

I've got 4 different boxes that i've collected over time. One of them that is prefab I really like. Want to use it with a 12" Audiobahn (Had one until it died) looking to get the same sub again. Then Would like to use one of my smaller 400watt sony amps to power some components which I would need to buy.

strangely I have also been looking at CarPC's :) haha not sure if I would use it enough though for what its worth.

sumthin2die4
09-23-2009, 10:58 PM
I would just find a replacement in the classifieds. Probably be a better cost\benefit than repairing it, but that's just me.

Ya the only thing is I have had a lot of electronic stuff fail on me and I seem to tinker around with it and get it working. I went to college 4 years ago for Electronics Technician course. So I know my way around the circuits slightly but I have forgotten a lot also.

denim
11-16-2009, 11:47 AM
Welcome to CA.