PDA

View Full Version : box chambers please help

davidfre21
11-16-2003, 09:28 PM
i was wnding if u wanna make a dual box if u have to make different chambers? or just have them share? im thinkign about adding another eD15k

thx

havoc06
11-16-2003, 09:38 PM
if you are using the same amp for both subs then its ok to have a single chamber. If you are using two different amps, just make sure you gain match both amps to eachother and you should be ok. If u are going with 15s remmeber to brace the box so it doesnt flex :thumbsup

jws95hardbody
11-16-2003, 09:43 PM
If you go w/ a single chamber, you run the risk on damaging the other sub if one stops working for some reason............

Plus the divider only helps brace the box

If you are building a ported box, you may want to go w/ a common chamber, easier to build one port than two, and prob. take up less room...........but if one of the subs goes down for any reason, you will have no bass at all, to risky to try to play it this way............. w/ two diff. chambers you can still hammer the one working sub...........

just like everything else in life, nothing comes without a cost a trade off...........

davidfre21
11-16-2003, 10:54 PM
i was thinking about running 2 eD15k's with 2 profile cl-600m amps... so i should have 2 chambers? if so i think ima just build another box and put them side by side.

ps

just thoughts on my mind