PDA

View Full Version : Just bought an RX-V765 thoughts?

IA2
09-19-2009, 06:17 AM
It came in yesterday......read a few reviews, seems nice enough for what I need it to do. Also ordered the Dayton HTS-1200B surround set, and got an extra pair of matching satellites to make it a 7 channel setup. Going with a 15" Flatlyne and either a 250 or 500 watt plate amp for the sub, probably in a 3-4 cube ported box tuned to about 26 hz. Opinions?

IamDeMan
09-19-2009, 08:08 AM
It came in yesterday......read a few reviews, seems nice enough for what I need it to do. Also ordered the Dayton HTS-1200B surround set, and got an extra pair of matching satellites to make it a 7 channel setup. Going with a 15" Flatlyne and either a 250 or 500 watt plate amp for the sub, probably in a 3-4 cube ported box tuned to about 26 hz. Opinions?

You will love the Yamaha. Mine has served me well. Utilizing the 7th channels is a waste of money though. I just use mine in 5.1. I am curious about what you think of that surround set though. As far as the sub, I would either go sealed, IB, or use a lower tuned enclosure. I am not familar with your Flatlyne driver though, so no comment.

JimJ
09-19-2009, 10:55 AM
Heck of a sub, for such tiny speakers :(

IA2
09-19-2009, 12:48 PM
Heck of a sub, for such tiny speakers :(

Well, I agree, but I just couldn't see the point of spending $200+ per pair of satellites for what I will be using them for. If I was building the worlds most amazing surround sound, yes I would have went a little bigger, but I'm just making a nice sounding surround set for my living room. All the reviews I read on the Daytons were positive, so I guess I will find out soon.

You will love the Yamaha. Mine has served me well. Utilizing the 7th channels is a waste of money though. I just use mine in 5.1. I am curious about what you think of that surround set though. As far as the sub, I would either go sealed, IB, or use a lower tuned enclosure. I am not familar with your Flatlyne driver though, so no comment.

I have not heard a home 7.1 setup, so I have no comment there. The sub should work out great, but you could be right on the tuning. I honestly havent made any permanant plans on the box yet, so it may wind up being sealed........would be easier to build too! :)

silvercookie
09-19-2009, 12:51 PM
i have the rxv-1500.
it is ballin.

i <3 yamaha.