PDA

View Full Version : What do I need to set up a DVD system?

FSU TS
11-15-2003, 10:39 AM
Hi. First I want to introduce myself since I'm new to the boards. I'm 16 and don't drive yet, so I'm a newbie at pretty much all of this. When I drive, I think I'm getting a 99-00 expedition, and after dropping a set of 22's on, I think I wanna put a DVD system into it.

Okay back to my question. I want to set up a pretty nice DVD system in my truck. I don't know the first thing I need besides the screens and maybe some wireless headphones. I just need someone to lay out everything I'll need so I can look into buying this stuff. All I know right now is like 2 Headrest screens and maybe and In-Dash. My main concern with the in-dash is it having the ability to play dvd's and cd's. So If someone could lay out what I need (screens, dvd player (in-dash?), tuner, blah blah) it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

Matador
11-18-2003, 01:23 AM
not to sound like a prick, but i hope u r not one of those rich spoiled kids, cuz if u r not, u better have worked ur entire life n saved all ur money, cuz just the rims will be a couple of ks, n to have a dvd system would cost somewhere around 2 to 4k dependin on what brands u buy.

FSU TS
12-01-2003, 07:49 AM
I guess I'm kind of spoiled. The Expedition is gonna be paid for by money pitched in by the entire family, and im going to help my dad pay off the loan that he takes out to pay for whatever the fam didn't pitch in. I'm hoping for a 99 Eddie Bauer so it'll probably be like $12,000 which isnt THAT bad if i pay for like $2k of it in the end. Anyway, yeah the rims and everything else extra is getting paid for by me. But anyway, back to my original question question.

Tom