PDA

View Full Version : Sealed Box Help.

its_ray_ray
09-11-2009, 03:01 AM
i have my 2 pr 10's in a sealed box at about .8-1 cu. ft. a piece. i am a family man. and alot of the times i dont have room in the back seat(b/c of car seat n just random ****) so i have to use the trunk(grocery's, bags or just anything). i just have the box in the rear of the trunk. subs facing toward the rear. i cant find any speaker grills that will allow excursion for these w/o it getting smacked at higher volumes. i was planning on making a amp rack in the side of the trunk instead of traditionally mounting the amp all pretty in front of the box and subs.

Will the box subs facing up make a difference in sound or anything like that. this is prob a nuub ?. but i really only have messed with ported boxes.

Do you have any suggestions or anything that will help me out in any way?

I drive a saturn sl2 so i dont have much to work with. thats y i have these 10's instead of my mojo.

its_ray_ray
09-11-2009, 11:14 AM
anyone able to help. or at least call me a nuub or something?

tRiGgEr
09-11-2009, 11:31 AM
Rear facing the subs is probably going to give you the best response.

If space is more important than the quality of your bass, have you considered building some boxes that can be placed in the rear fender area of your trunk? It will probably save you the most space.

its_ray_ray
09-11-2009, 12:48 PM
i love how clear they sound. and especially how i can throw more power to them sealed and really make them pound. but any suggestions?

i think i will make a new sealed box and make it taller and not as deep. so i will have more room going into the trunk. and make the sub placement on the box a lil higher to accommodate anything i will have in the trunk in hopes that when or if anything moves back that way it will just touch below the subs. instead of into the subs.

how picky are sealed boxes? can i place the subs anywhere on the box? will how wide tall deep effect sound? i dont think it prob will but like i said. i deal with ported boxes. space really isnt the issue. it is more or less. i want to set something in my trunk without it moving and clipping a sub. or for worse putting a hole in the surround or the cone.

tRiGgEr
09-11-2009, 01:10 PM
how picky are sealed boxes? can i place the subs anywhere on the box? will how wide tall deep effect sound? i dont think it prob will but like i said. i deal with ported boxes. space really isnt the issue. it is more or less. i want to set something in my trunk without it moving and clipping a sub. or for worse putting a hole in the surround or the cone.

As long as the design is within reason, it will be fine. Don't go building a labyrinth sealed enclosure and expect it to work lol.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002FR3MG/ref=asc_df_B0002FR3MG903367?smid=A385A0XNQBW8HY&tag=dealtmp145-20&linkCode=asn&creative=380341&creativeASIN=B0002FR3MG

Thank me later...

tRiGgEr
09-11-2009, 01:12 PM
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=260-442

Or a cheaper option

its_ray_ray
09-11-2009, 02:23 PM
hellz yeah. thanx trig. the current grills i have i used on my 10" w0's and worked real well on them. but excurstion was the problem on these. they kinda almost pop out of the box it seems like. the first ones are awesome. but not for 30 bux a pop lol. i'd pay bout 70 bux for 2 after shipping. but the 2nd are def my price range and still look good.

ARSkemp
09-11-2009, 02:33 PM
I have no idea how much throw your subs have, but i have the same ones as parts express ones linked except they are in black. If your subs have higher excursion then the grill will allow, flush mount your subs. Thats what i did for the parts express bar grills and it worked out great.