PDA

View Full Version : In the market for an older charger

thedukey42
09-10-2009, 01:32 PM
I have a buddy looking into buying a charger, been looking about 3 weeks now. He's starting to get serious about the charger in the link below

http://classicautoauction.net/ItemDetail.php?Item_ID=250&cart=lssMbDfH&DoThis=New+Listings&ActionReq=Where

Wondering if its a good deal and if there's anything he needs to look into or ask about the car

Also, he would fly out to the car and drive it back to ohio, is this car worth that?

They are asking $12,500 for the car

I Like Waffle
09-11-2009, 02:31 AM
I might be picking up a 72 SE plum crazy purple one for 2500 tommorow, ill post pics if i do. I wouldnt pay that much for it, find one that needs a little work for less and customize it to your liking.

alvitae
09-11-2009, 02:43 AM
Book it out and see what its worth, Shouldn't be to terribly much since '70 was the last year for true muscle cars.

allout13
09-11-2009, 02:47 AM
I hate that orange :crap: mostly because it reminds me of the general lee

I wouldnt risk the flight out to buy the car, but if he does, tell him to take a magnet and look for bondo. ****** body work will just be a pain in the *** down the road

I might be picking up a 72 SE plum crazy purple one for 2500 tommorow, ill post pics if i do. I wouldnt pay that much for it, find one that needs a little work for less and customize it to your liking.

x2

thedukey42
09-14-2009, 02:09 AM
Thanks guys, talked him out of that car. I'll tell him to do the magnet to look for bondo work, good call there!

Hopefully he takes the next couple months to keep searching before pulling the trigger. He's not settled on a 70, just a charger within a couple years of that model.

Thanks a lot for the input