View Full Version : Motorized Enclosure

11-10-2003, 02:19 PM
Ok If Anyone Has Seen 2Fast2Furious Then You'll Know What I'm Talking About When In The Begginning Of The Movie A Guy Has In His Trunk Motorized Panel That Rise Up And Show His NO2 Tank. Well I Want To Create Sumthing Like That With My Subs And Amps Inside The Compartment. I Would Like The Panel Covering It To Be Made Out Of Some Kind Of Clear Plastic Sort Of Material, So I Need To Know What Type Of Material I Could Use For That. I Would Also Need To Know What Kind Of Motor I Would Want To Use To Get The Pieces Of The Panel To Rise Up.

Any Help Would Be Appreciated

11-11-2003, 04:06 PM
I really don't think this is going to be easy.....but you will probably need an actuator(sp?) it's an electric motor basically, but used in cars(12volt) compliant. You should check out the episode of monster garage where they use it. I can't remember which one it was though. The plastic you need is plexiglass. It's basically a sheet of plastic which is clear. Be aware that plexiglass can be quite brittle when cold, but you can use a blow torch or heat gun to bend curves into it....