PDA

View Full Version : Need help tuning my box

My63impala
09-05-2009, 08:01 AM
hey guys i have a few questions. I was planning to buy two 15 SDC2.5 AQ and had heard mostly good thing but now am hearing they only hit high bass. The recommended box is suppose to be tuned to 36 to 38hz kinda high i think which scares me this is defiantly not what i want do think if i put the subs in a say 28 to 30hz box it would hit low just to get these questions out first its going to a hifonics 1660 witch really puts out around 1200rms which is good for the subs and 2awg wire and batt in back. So would the subs be deep in that box or just sound like crap if not what are the box specs thanks guys

SomeGuyDude
09-05-2009, 08:20 AM
I don't know a lot about those subs specifically, but there's a dude on here who had a box tuned to friggin' 39Hz with (I think) a pair of DD's and it hit the lows with authority. So there's that.

But someone with some serious expertise should be able to give more concrete help.

My63impala
09-05-2009, 08:27 AM
cool thanks i just want to make sure i can get these subs low before i buy them

GearGuy2001
09-05-2009, 08:31 AM
Talk with mlstrass, I'm sure he will find the thread soon enough. I dont know that he has experience with the SD's but he has 4 HDC3 15s in a wall tuned to 41hz I believe and a port plug to drop it to 36hz. No matter what its nasty on the lows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4s_1HlVVvo

Video of his car ^

My63impala
09-08-2009, 08:29 AM
new to box building world and building a good box is my next step so here is what i want i know there is a program that tells you what size to cut each piece of wood that help alot but i guess you guys could do the same so i want a 8cubic foot box tuned to 32hz 4cubic feet per sub is recommended could go bigger if you think i should. Length and height is not a problem and as far as ports go have no idea what ever you guys think side bottom port, two side ports, areo and what ever size you think
Helped alot so far
ps i went with two Li 15s want to start building tomorrow so i will have it when my subs get here just cutt the sub holes out and start bumping

mlstrass
09-08-2009, 09:57 AM
I'd have done the SDC's over the LI's any day of the week as I've built enclosures for both...

SDC's kill the lows, even tuned at 38Hz

My63impala
09-08-2009, 12:32 PM
well what done is done i feel i made a good choice but still need some box specs