PDA

View Full Version : How's this box look for an HDC3 10...

scottyk
09-03-2009, 08:53 PM
Buddy of mine heard my set-up a few weeks ago and was impressed and since he's been looking for a new build for a while now, decided to go with Audioque.

He got an HDC3 10 and a 2200D about a day ago or so and instead of paying extra for a custom box, was wondering how buying one off of a popular car audio website would do. Since my box is custom, and passed recommendations of cubic feet (which this specific box meets) I know not much about box designs, how does this one look to you guys...

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7497_Sonic+Sub+Box-+1SV10+-GRAY+CARPET-.html#

Just looking for some opinions. Would you guys suggest it?

zyklonb
09-03-2009, 08:54 PM
too small build your own.

jdawg
09-03-2009, 08:55 PM
I wouldnt run a pyle in that

spencer321
09-03-2009, 08:59 PM
you spent the time and money to research buying an hdc3 and an aq2200 but you wanna run a prefab box. go to home depot or lowes, buy a 3/4" sheet of mdf, about 28$ if i remember correctly... they have a panel saw, if you figure out your dimensions before you go they will cut it out for you!!

you don't need a fancy table saw or anything, you need a jig saw to cut the hole (router makes life a little easier but i've done it with both) and either claps... or a power drill and a helping hand... not really rocket science, you can do it.

and then finish it how you want, paint it, carpet it, whatever, im sure you know how to use a can of paint, and if you really want carpet either get brave and figure it out yourself (we all started somewhere) or take it to a shop, they should be able to carpet your box for next to nothing

mazda6i07
09-03-2009, 09:01 PM
Build your own. 1.4 cubes @38hz you'll be set.

justin smith
09-03-2009, 09:04 PM
the AQ will blow that prefab box to pieces

cf2004
09-03-2009, 09:06 PM
i would have to agree with everyone else on this....build your own. You will get better results and be much more satisfied. Plus you will have that warm fuzzy feeling inside know that you built the box yourself.

scottyk
09-03-2009, 09:07 PM
the AQ will blow that prefab box to pieces

Haha, I kinda assumed the sound pressure would be a lot for it to handle. Ok, well then my question is answered, will invest in a good quality box for my friend.