PDA

View Full Version : Alarm Siren that sounds good?

Smitherines
09-03-2009, 12:18 PM
Hey guys, quick question, I'm picking up a Viper 5701, and I'm not a fan of the typical sirens/horns that those kits come with, is there something that sounds like it would come off of a luxury car? I have a BMW, so I'd like it to sound decent, haha.

Bigrick31
09-03-2009, 12:23 PM
They had an alarm on Pimp my Ride once where Xzibit recorded a message as the alarm for the car. Id imagine if you got something like that you could record whatever sound you wanted for your cars alarm. You could record something like "HELP HES RAPING MY BABY" that would get peoples attention and probably detour a thief.

Smitherines
09-03-2009, 12:27 PM
They had an alarm on Pimp my Ride once where Xzibit recorded a message as the alarm for the car. Id imagine if you got something like that you could record whatever sound you wanted for your cars alarm. You could record something like "HELP HES RAPING MY BABY" that would get peoples attention and probably detour a thief.

HAHAHA, I'm sorry but that's the funniest thing I've heard in awhile. I mean, like are there any OEM alarm horns or anything like that, that are slightly more amusing than the typical 6tone horn?

gl0ck
09-03-2009, 07:27 PM
Most bmws come with the bmw anti theft system, use the bmw siren?

Buck
09-03-2009, 07:41 PM
You don't want your alarm to sound good. You want it too sound bad so that whoever made it go off doesn't want to listen to it.

JimJ
09-03-2009, 07:44 PM
Everybody's going to get annoyed with listening to it go off anyway, no matter what the tone is.

Same thing with phone ring tones - nobody wants to hear it, no matter how cool you think it is.

Ellsworthz
09-03-2009, 07:45 PM
Put rick roll as a car alarm..

ha!

99grandprixGT
09-03-2009, 07:46 PM
you want the ehhhhhh ehhhhhhhhh ehhhhhhhhhh ehh sound. not the eh eh eh wewooo weewoooo ehhhh ehhh.?

Smitherines
09-03-2009, 09:16 PM
The P/O took the alarm out for whatever reason. Either that or it wasn't installed from the factory, but the car is wired for one.

Anyways, like what do new benz and bmws sound like, they dont have a typical horn when you lock the car and whatnot.

NoCoSPL
09-03-2009, 10:04 PM
EVERYONE has the regular 7 tone sirens. Always hearing them and don't even attract much attention. The ones on the BMW's sound amazing though. Catch my attention really fast.

Smitherines
09-04-2009, 10:20 AM
EVERYONE has the regular 7 tone sirens. Always hearing them and don't even attract much attention. The ones on the BMW's sound amazing though. Catch my attention really fast.

What model did you see/hear it on?