PDA

View Full Version : $200 budget. Kenwood or Alpine

2Gemini
09-01-2009, 11:49 PM
Narrowed down my choices between the Kenwood KDC-X792 (link (http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=19413)) and Alpine IDA-X303 (link (http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=20866)). What seems to be better for SQ? Looking for the most features, EQ settings, ect. Budget is roughly $200 give or take a bit if there is a better choice than these please let me know. Still reletively new to the car audio scene.

Sorry to post so much, closing in a decision though. Thanks for everyone's patience and responses.

EDIT: looks like the alpine needs an PXA-H100 accessory to utilize the tuning.

2Gemini
09-02-2009, 04:20 PM
Decided to do away with the Alpine since you need aftermarket accessories for decent eq settings. I am now between the Kenwood KDC-X792 and Clarion DXZ785USB.

I'm pretty sure I will be getting the Kenwood since I've read so many positive reviews on the Excelon series, has built in active crossover, and a Parametric EQ. Will be placing the order this evening unless there is an overwhelming vote against this.
Thanks

Found the Kenwood KDC-X792 on amazon for only $155!

Winter_C
09-02-2009, 05:09 PM
I like the kenwoods, although they always seem to die after like a year...been through 3 of them in past 2 years, two with TOC error, and 1 the RCA's went bad and actully fried my amp...not sure why i keep going back to them...just like the set-up of them i guess

2Gemini
09-02-2009, 09:32 PM
Just ordered the kenwood.
I'll post a review after using it for a week to get a solid opinion if anyone is interested. Thanks for the help everyone

05fronty
09-05-2009, 08:11 AM
I like the kenwoods, although they always seem to die after like a year...been through 3 of them in past 2 years, two with TOC error, and 1 the RCA's went bad and actully fried my amp...not sure why i keep going back to them...just like the set-up of them i guess

have my excelon now for almost 2 years. no problems

sikcavy
09-05-2009, 10:19 AM
aww i would have sold you my 993 for around that.

toledokid
09-11-2009, 01:29 PM
I had my Kenwood Excelon deck for 6 years and the cd player died with a ToS error, and that's because some moron decided to put in a dirty *** cd. I just gotta pop in a Cd cleaner every 3-4 times I change cds, replacing it with a KDC-x693

SomeGuyDude
09-11-2009, 06:11 PM
I've heard nothing but crazy awesome stories about that Clarion unit, for the record.

Jakeeck
09-12-2009, 12:06 AM
i just got my kenwood kdc-x693.. thing is sick in almost every aspect.. looks are sleek and you can change the colors to match your cars interior lights.. you can even set the left half one color and the right half a different color.. the customization of the display is great.

i only listened to it for about 5 mins because ppl r sleeping in my house, but i could tell instantly sound quality was improved with my stock speakers..

the usb in the back is sweet and being able to control your ipod songs directly from your ipod OR on the HU is sweet

i havent gotten into the eq settings or anything yet because i have had limited time with it but i cant wait to check it out tomorrow

so many activites!!!