PDA

View Full Version : more aero port help.

robertoyoung08
08-31-2009, 04:40 PM
:emb:got **** aero ports are hard to figure out. ive seen a few recent threads now and they all seem to b having a hard time figuring out how to work with aero ports.

knowing the internal volume of the box how do you figure out how long the aero port should be and how wide?

ive used quite a few links that people gave me, like psp and 12 volt and a couple others i found. bu they give me different numbers!

i have a six cubic box i want 33 hz tunning. how long should the aero port be and how wide?

im getting frustarted with this, i was pm'ing with someone and they were really helping me out, thought i had it pretty much down, until i started seeing so many different results with the calculations i did with the different links to calculators people gave me.

thanks for the help.!

basscort2009
08-31-2009, 04:42 PM
use psp. thats the most accuarate. the 12 volt doesnt apply to aeros, only pvc straigh pipes.

dappa5
08-31-2009, 07:57 PM
as previously stated "rule of thumb" is 8-12 in^2 per ft^3 for aero ports / this is to help avoid port noise/ so a 6ft^3 net box would require @ least 48 in^2 of port area/
so two 6" aeros will do nicely / now on to Lv (port length) use psp calc is fairly acurate/
but if you "REALLY" want to kno here it is
Lv= {8466.4 x R/squared}divided by {Vb x Fb/squared)minus {1.463 x R}

Vb = volume (net)
Fb= desired freq