PDA

View Full Version : no sound stock headunit or stock

corto
08-30-2009, 06:26 PM
my car got stolen amonth ago and they took everything including the factory amp why idk.? lol so i go get a new factory amp put it in no sound. i took the factory headunit out put in a aftermarket cd player no sound.. so i just ran wires to the each of my door speekers. so i have sound.. i have power going to the back of my amp i tested that.. where else could this problem be?

corto
08-30-2009, 10:06 PM
it seems like i should deff have sound if i pull the factory amp out and the factory headunit and then put in a aftermarket or does the factory amp have to be connected and working for you to get sound or otherwise you have to run new wires? i cant think a fuse that would be blown? because i have like 3 diff wires back 2 the factory amp with power

corto
08-31-2009, 06:02 AM
anyyy body ever have this problem?

Paper_J
09-04-2009, 11:20 PM
info is a little confusing did you install the after market harnes correctly to factory wires have you hooked a loose speaker from one of your + - terminals on one channel of the after market head unit. You should have sound no prob as long as the head unit is wired correctly.

Paper_J
09-04-2009, 11:25 PM
As far as factory amp goes. As long as you don't have any audio components wired through the factory system you should be able to bypass that no problem..

corto
09-09-2009, 11:19 PM
nope everything was hooked up fine.. soemthing is wrong between the wiring harness and the back amp and i have no idea where to even start.. the factory headunit wouldnet work or aftermarket