PDA

View Full Version : Good spray paint for pillars?

Jared530
08-30-2009, 04:36 PM
I pretty much faced the fact that I'm not going to be able to wrap my glassed pillars with vinyl so I was wondering if their was any good spray paint that would make them look moderately decent? I absolutely hate the look of glossy paint on fiberglassed parts, but dont like the super matte bbq charcoal look either

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Ellsworthz
08-30-2009, 04:40 PM
you don't like really shiny, and no matte, maybe semi-gloss paint?

firefighter1225
08-30-2009, 09:22 PM
SEM makes a great product, they have a texture spray coating and several oem colors. I used this on a set kicks to give it a factory look, and it worked great.

mlstrass
08-31-2009, 02:40 PM
SEM makes a great product, they have a texture spray coating and several oem colors. I used this on a set kicks to give it a factory look, and it worked great.

x2 I've used a light texture satin black and it looks VERY good...

audioarsonal
08-31-2009, 02:44 PM
Its all in the prep.No matter how good the paint is if you don't prep it right the **** won't stick.

But I 3rd the SEM paint it is good stuff.....gets you real high too.:wow:

Ken448
08-31-2009, 06:59 PM
SEM is good stuff. To get texture, spray on bed liner (much cheaper than SEM and will adhere to almost anything and STAY) from a distance (15" or so) works great!! Closer if you want to change the texture.. Look at my install in my sig, my doors were done with the texture since I too hate the smooth interior look!!