PDA

View Full Version : Aero port question

CranberryYumYum
08-29-2009, 07:37 PM
pipes **** me off, guess i'll ahve to stick to papers from now on.. ;)
all jokes aside though, i am having the darndest time trying to figure things out. i have 2.56in^3 before displacement, 2.4 after. ports: two 2" pipes (may attempt to flare them, not surre yet. cheap enough to try though) 5.43in long. is this enough port area? if not, what would give me enough area at 32-33hz (design is at 32 atm)? they will be ran from the box through the rear deck. it is okay to have part of the port inside of the box and part outside coming through the deck, right? no change in frequency or anything like that?

Pioneer~Saturn
08-29-2009, 07:44 PM
That is a very small port area, I would say go larger

CranberryYumYum
08-29-2009, 08:16 PM
okay so two 3" ports would be about enough area?

and will i be able to put the ports both inside and outside of the box?

SomeGuyDude
08-29-2009, 10:21 PM
The first problem is if you just stick ports inside your box you just way altered the internal volume. Putting them external is pretty much your only option if you want to add ports to your current box. If you're just designing now, well then you've got wider options.

Anyway, 8sq of port area per 1cu, so 8*2.4 = 19.2 which means you should get either a 5" port optimally, two 3's would be too small.

CranberryYumYum
08-30-2009, 04:09 AM
just designing. i want something that ports in the cabin big enough for a fi q.. i can't think of anything, it's the best i could think of because of the trunk. the only reason i wanted aeroports is because you can't extend it into the cabin without changing frequency.