View Full Version : Fighting the SQ demons.

o. l. t.
08-29-2009, 02:08 PM
My current setup is Eclipse Navi with 3 screens and the ipod additional accessories.

My PREVIOUS setup was Mcintosh head and amps, no screens, no ipod, nothing. Just pure raw sound with no bells and whistles.

Because of the fact the Mcintosh would only accept CD's I was running at the highest bitrate possible and through the Mcintosh setup getting absolutely unbelievable sound. Focal mids, Quart subs, EQT's and a 4XS rounded out the system.

I noticed the difference immediately when I went to the Eclipse setup. I wanted something a little more technical and wanted Navigation as well as the ability to use my 60gig iPod Video since I have a 248 gig size media library on my iMac and didn't feel like burning and carrying a couple hundred cd's. :wow:

Well the newer setup is nice and has spoiled me in many ways, but I still keep thinking about how good the Mcintosh setup sounded (it's like a crack addiction once you hear it).

I'm having a lot of trouble deciding on what to do. Go for "nice" new technology and keep the eclipse Navi, or go back to the pure SQ of the Mcintosh............

08-29-2009, 02:44 PM
They're both awesome. Just flip a coin...

08-29-2009, 02:59 PM
Does the Mc at least have an auxiliary input? There's your solution for the Ipod...I assume you're running lossless on it.

o. l. t.
08-29-2009, 03:42 PM
No in, but there is a port for the Mc changer if it could be manipulated. (basically, no)

08-29-2009, 03:45 PM
lol you could always get a cassette converter and you can use your ipod:)

o. l. t.
08-29-2009, 03:53 PM
Me thinks that would highly defeat the purpose of the Mc. :) ;)