PDA

View Full Version : Box design website

Trancer
08-25-2009, 08:04 PM
I just ran a search and came up with nothing. There are alot of threads asking, hey, whats that website that does this or that.

I havent been in to car audio for a while, but my gf just purchased a Maxima and she wants me to do the entire stereo for her which means I have to build my 20th box.

I use to use this program that I would just punch in the demensions, add in the port, hz and it would give me the demensions to cut out each piece in different colors like.. the back would be red, left and right would be yellow, port piece A would be blue, etc...

This is the program I use to help me with the other programs that I use in order to come up with my perfect box. Anyone know what this one is? Please dont tell me its the subwoofertools.com one, since I searched and found out it was down.

And no, I do not want you to design a box for me. Im wanting to play around with the numbers to my liking.

I used this program to design my first real custom enclosure. Dont be too judgemental on it. I was 19 and it was my first real custom trunk

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/114/l_138cc6b3a8078567ee6c417fd5b90a0d.jpg

SomeGuyDude
08-25-2009, 08:07 PM
Not what you're talking about, but I like http://www.reaudio.com/speaker_box/LPort_Box_Calc.html for helping to design. And best of all it gives you the board dimensions at the bottom.

Trancer
08-25-2009, 08:12 PM
Hey, that helps! Thanks! If I cant find that specific website, that will be the one I use. I hear its not 100% accurate, but its alot better than going by my math. :-)

misfit138
08-25-2009, 08:13 PM
The calculator on www.reaudio.com is pretty decent if you're interested in building an L-Port enclosure.

www.rockfordfosgate.com has an enclosure wizard as well, but it mainly calculates air space once you put in your dimensions.

fbi90909
08-25-2009, 08:13 PM
pencil and paper

SomeGuyDude
08-25-2009, 08:15 PM
All Rockford's does is tell you internal volume of a sealed box, which really anyone can do if they've got the geometry Wiki page open.

Trancer
08-25-2009, 08:37 PM
Yeah Ill be doing an L slot port. Ill actualy be putting the port in the middle, but I can make the adjustments necessary.

dappa5
08-25-2009, 10:58 PM
JUST DOWNLOAD BASS BOX 6 PRO AND THEN USE SKETCH UP TO MODEL IT woops cap lock lol ftw but if you have built 20 boxes (excuse me i meant 19) then you shouldnt need any "SPECIAL"programs design it /plot it /model it /and then build it

Trancer
08-26-2009, 12:29 AM
Well its been a while and the boxes that I have built, I have used the procedures that I have in place and works really well. I have a certain way of building ported boxes. :-)

Thanks for the advice. I forgot about the Bass Box program.