PDA

View Full Version : Rate this box design

hatedonmostly
08-25-2009, 02:45 AM
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/2723/project1.png

In a '98 Dakota Regular Cab, behind the seats.

1.59 ft^3 gross, 38 Hz with an aero port on the top, made with 3/4" MDF, home to an AQ SDC2.510.

Should I change anything? I'm pretty much using all the space I've got in there...

Should it be loud? Considering the car, what numbers might I be seeing?
How much air will it move? I wanna be able to do hairtricks :sneaky: but that's probably just a dream of mine that will never become true, unless I do a blowthrough.

kyleorsini
08-25-2009, 02:50 AM
10 outta 100

your not going to get a hair trick outta that imo

GetLikeMe
08-25-2009, 02:50 AM
10 outta 100

LOOOOOOOOOLL

gboo559
08-25-2009, 02:51 AM
what kinda car?
what power?
how big an aero port?
why port on top?

Walled_Taurus
08-25-2009, 02:51 AM
Lol yah dreams until you do a blow-through. Loud might be over rating but pleasant to the ear with the vehicle you have should be the proper wording for it. My buddy has a dakota. I told him to sell it and get another truck if he wanted some good bang since a blow through was not an option to him.

kyleorsini
08-25-2009, 02:52 AM
also i sure hope that when you do your sub cutout that you maybe center it a little better maybe?

hatedonmostly
08-25-2009, 02:55 AM
10 outta 100

Why?

And I know, lol.

what kinda car?
what power?
how big an aero port?
why port on top?

'98 Dakota Regular Cab.
900 watts @ 2 ohms.
To be honest, I know nothing about porting...I'd have someone build it for me, and put whatever it needs to be 38 Hz. I'm a noob :crap:
Space issues...

Lol yah dreams until you do a blow-through. Loud might be over rating but pleasant to the ear with the vehicle you have should be the proper wording for it. My buddy has a dakota. I told him to sell it and get another truck if he wanted some good bang since a blow through was not an option to him.

:crap:

Any louder than what I have in my sig?

also i sure hope that when you do your sub cutout that you maybe center it a little better maybe?

Never knew this would be an issue. I was trying to place it directly behind the center console.

kyleorsini
08-25-2009, 02:57 AM
Why?

And I know, lol.

never knew this would be an issue. I was trying to place it directly behind the center console.

i unno you said rate it so i threw a random number out:laugh:
its not a problem at all performance wise, just look wise itd look better centered id imagine, but if its there for a reason then go for it:crazy:

hatedonmostly
08-25-2009, 03:00 AM
i unno you said rate it so i threw a random number out:laugh:
its not a problem at all performance wise, just look wise itd look better centered id imagine, but if its there for a reason then go for it:crazy:

I thought you were saying it was terrible. :crap:

Oh good, this way, it will be perfectly centered behind the center console so that the excursion won't hit the seat.

kyleorsini
08-25-2009, 03:02 AM
it may be terrible i unno, im not doing math or checking to see what those subs recomend. GL with box tho

hatedonmostly
08-25-2009, 03:05 AM
it may be terrible i unno, im not doing math or checking to see what those subs recomend. GL with box tho

The box should be in about 1.50 ft^3.