PDA

View Full Version : Alarms help...... decisions, decisions

gunslinger
11-05-2003, 10:18 AM
Hey you guys, recommend the best alarms, quality, price, etc.... I havent installed my gear yet, still building boxes and kicks, but I want the alarm in before it goes. Let me know what you guys are using or what you would recommend. Thanks.

infrabass
11-19-2003, 10:58 PM
Just get a two way alarm and hide everything, then get a momo/sparco steering wheel and one off those snap off steering wheel kits so no one can take off with your ride!

Silica
11-20-2003, 09:53 AM
Prestige APS-996 = 299 canadian.
Great alarm have it in my car. 2 way, 7 channel outs, remote start and alarm in one.

Tim

LBX2G
11-20-2003, 01:46 PM
CS-2015FM is a great alarm but my installer said there is no starter disalbler relay. But the range on it is excllent. I can start my car and lock/unlock it from the back of Wal-mart. The only complaint about is that the remote is not that durable. But besides that it is excllent.

infrabass
11-28-2003, 05:08 PM
LMAO. Sorry, two way alarm acts like a pager. It two-ways you what is happening to your car. It tells you that something is happening to the door, or someone poped open the hood, stuff like that, and some I think ask if you want it to sound the alarm, stuff like that. A pager alarm system, a two-way. Goes both ways, like the girls in the advertisements.

sleepr
11-29-2003, 08:27 AM
I am using the Viper 850XV. Does what I need it to so I can't complain.

What are you looking for in the alarm? Remote start? Paging ability? There are tons of options for alarms now a days.

Mixophrenia
12-18-2003, 10:52 PM
hey guys i'm thinkin about gettin a CS-2013FM... but on all the other cs units the options say "Remote Keyless Entry (Controls Power Door Locks)"... but on the 2013 it says "Remote Keyless Entry Outputs"... what's that mean?? i read the manual and it has directions for wiring the locks... but it must have keyless entry with a remote start and alarm... the 2013 looks like it's got everything i need... but still not sure about the keyless entry...

BTW... i can get it new for $120 shipped...

nismboy6986
12-20-2003, 08:12 PM
the only problem about the steering wheel thing is that if your car has airbags which the SS probally does is that its illegal to remove them. so you probally couldn't get it inspected(even though i could since they don't even look in the car)