PDA

View Full Version : How to calculate angle?

trabadoor22
08-20-2009, 11:10 PM
I've built the bottom half of a fiberglass enclosure and now need to build the top piece. My plan is to take one .5" mdf piece and join it with a .75" piece roughly the dimensions of the enclosure so I can flush mount the sub. This piece will measure roughly 16 x 19 and the holes will be cut for the flush mount. Then I will glue it in place using mdf pieces cut accordingly so I can glass the top piece to the bottom. My problem is the top piece needs to slope down at an angle and I don't know what angle to cut the mdf pieces that will hold up the top piece. The highest point is 10"/8.25" externally and internally. The lowest point is 8.5"/ 6.75 respectively. Additional info, the enclosure is 19"/18.5" long respectively. If anyone can help me with this I would really appreciate it.

basshedz06
08-22-2009, 07:06 AM
i have never cut a angle box but from what i have seen your top piece don't change i dont think its your sides, back an front pieces, unless your box is in an horn design does the top an bottom change. i think it depends on how much of an angle you have really i would try the reaudio.com box calculator they can do angle boxes you don't have worry about the whole port thing but you can see what your angled pieces need to be cut at. hope this helps

mcbuggin
08-22-2009, 07:15 AM
get a piece of scrap wood and cut an angle that is close and work from there that's what I did