PDA

View Full Version : Newbie dual briver box port help

HelloImBob
08-20-2009, 08:14 PM
So image isnt perfect in regards to proportion, it was just put together in paint really quick because a picture can say it all, just figuring I would give each driver 2.5" of port to the back wall and meet in the middle with 5" of port?

Wanted to be sure before I wasted 30$ on a sheet of MDF and a couple hours of my time.

http://myimgs.net/images/wbon.jpg

lovindabass
08-22-2009, 07:21 PM
rule of thumb that the opening of the port should be the gap between all sides of port. so the L portion of the port should be 5 inches away too. That is the easy way of keeping port noise down. also what size subs are you running also what will be your cubes? cuz another good rule of thumb is that for every foot of airspace have 12 sq inches of port so 1 cube 12 sq inches of port 2 cubes 24 inches of port. easy way to keep port noise down and keep output at a maximum

Vermithrax
08-22-2009, 08:54 PM
rule of thumb that the opening of the port should be the gap between all sides of port. so the L portion of the port should be 5 inches away too.

That would be right if it was a single port, but this is a dual port setup. He merely isn't using a divider between the ports.

I've built similar boxes, it will work fine. It's not optimal, but as long as you have the proper port area and legnth in relation to the enclosure volume it's not a problem.

dappa5
08-23-2009, 09:33 AM
your good build it