PDA

View Full Version : making speakers fit

uGotF-ckedUp
08-20-2009, 01:42 AM
would it be possible to replace the 4" speakers in the back door of an impreza with 6.5" comps?

lovindabass
08-20-2009, 02:57 AM
yes. How much space do you have behind the mounting surface of the speaker and how much space do you have from the actual mounting point to the plastic of the door? you could possibly get away with making a mdf ring for the 6.5 woofer and just bolt it up. worst case senerio you just get a ziz wheel and cut out the area you need and make sure you have proper mounting depth for your windows and everything

lovindabass
yes. How much space do you have behind the mounting surface of the speaker and how much space do you have from the actual mounting point to the plastic of the door? you could possibly get away with making a mdf ring for the 6.5 woofer and just bolt it up. worst case senerio you just get a ziz wheel and cut out the area you need and make sure you have proper mounting depth for your windows and everything

lovindabass

lovindabass
08-20-2009, 03:08 AM
sry for the multiple posts my internet was frozen and i hit the post reply button a bunch!!!!

uGotF-ckedUp
08-20-2009, 07:37 PM
when i get the car i will rip the back door panels off and check.. then start ordering some stuff =]

James Bang
08-20-2009, 07:41 PM
with shears, a grinder, jigsaw, and elbow grease, you can fit a lot of things in doors. :)

tc3k101
08-20-2009, 07:44 PM
with shears, a grinder, jigsaw, and elbow grease, you can fit a lot of things in doors. :)

including some 10"ers;)