PDA

View Full Version : good hu for active set up?

troytag
08-18-2009, 08:04 PM
i know this has been answered 100 times allready...
but im still learning and checking my options......
i do have a budget in mind but id like to hear whats avail..
im not sold on anything yet...so lets hear whats worked for you..or maybe something youve seen....
i guess i should add under 1000.00 for a hu/processor/line driver/ etc...

ill be making my own console so "size really dont matter" lol:(:p::cool::p:

ls2poweredgoat
08-18-2009, 08:08 PM

troytag
08-18-2009, 08:39 PM

Bass Engine Pro, you get 6-band channel digital time correction, 6-band parametric EQ and more, plus the ability to download sound settings.
thats straight off the item description from ebay...350.00ish??

i know eclipse has a good dead heAD 7200? 8V PRE OUT..
480.00 for the eclipse...

anyone have any good kenwoods that may fit the bill?

thanks for your post..
ill do some learning...on the alpine line now...

Shinju
08-18-2009, 08:41 PM
Clarion DZX775USB

jdmferio13
08-18-2009, 09:40 PM
is there any kenwoods that can go active

PerformanceAuto
08-19-2009, 01:05 AM
Very Good Choice Here: http://base.google.com/base/a/5767663/D916223247155570654
Good Bang for the Buck!

troytag
08-19-2009, 09:53 AM
Very Good Choice Here: http://base.google.com/base/a/5767663/D916223247155570654
Good Bang for the Buck!

wow very nice..ive seen hu for much more with less...good find..
but is this a good unit for active set up?

is it possible to have 2 way up front and 2 way in the rear deck with some subs in the trunk..and run all these active?..seems like id need 5 differont channels?
im still learning about an active set up...so i could be way off...

PerformanceAuto
08-19-2009, 01:24 PM
wow very nice..ive seen hu for much more with less...good find..
but is this a good unit for active set up?

is it possible to have 2 way up front and 2 way in the rear deck with some subs in the trunk..and run all these active?..seems like id need 5 differont channels?
im still learning about an active set up...so i could be way off...

This unit has output for front amplifier, rear amplifier, & subwoofer amplifier. I have used it with exactly the setup you are referring to and it worked perfect!

C3 Customs
08-19-2009, 01:27 PM
Clarion DRZ9255

troytag
08-19-2009, 03:15 PM
Clarion DRZ9255

very nice...looks like its got everything...

900.00? ish??

mazda6i07
08-19-2009, 03:16 PM
Check out the Alpine 9887 and check out the Pioneer 880prs or 800prs .....

troytag
08-19-2009, 04:54 PM

i will now research the alpine and the pioneer....
thank you for your post...

troytag
08-19-2009, 08:09 PM

i found the 800prs but cant seem to find any info on the 880?

i ran across the pioneer p9 combo..DEQ9 ....wow what a nice unit!!

a bit spendy...800.00 for the deck and 550 for the processor...

very nice...

its a bit of an older unit...im thinking theres something newer,maybe better?
or maybe not?

thanks for the help....

troytag
08-20-2009, 02:40 AM
come on people...
all you audiophiles running active and this is it for ideas?
i thought thered be more out there???

looks like the eclipse 7200
or the alpine
or p9?

lets get crazy..
nakamichi
harmon kardon
marantz
does sinfoi make decks?
whats the best to run active?
how about seperate processors.....eq/xovers??

Side Show
08-20-2009, 04:20 AM
denon.... too

Hybrid90accord
08-20-2009, 04:25 AM
i wish i could use my 880prs in my TL i'm stuck with having to use the 3sixty.2

troytag
08-20-2009, 09:52 AM
denon.... too

ahhh yes...
denon is very good..
ill look up denons flagship hu..
thanks...

mk_
08-22-2009, 07:24 PM
I used the 880prs active and absolutely loved it. Bought a new car and can't use the deck. You should buy mine :) Comes with warranty!!!

Good luck finding what you're looking for, in any event.
Michael

customtronic
08-22-2009, 07:26 PM
Bump for the 800PRS. Reasonably priced, easy to find, copper chassis, 24-bit, T/A, ect. Awsome HU for the money.

ejschultz
08-23-2009, 12:14 AM
I'm not running active, but I do own a 800PRS and a 9855. Both are awesome units when running passive and I'm sure I'd be getting even more of my money's worth running them active.

LaserRed38
08-23-2009, 12:18 AM
Are you only looking for audio or do you want a DVD head unit/navi or any other stuff? Either way, an external processor like Audison bit one or Alpine 701 combo would give you a lot more tuning options.

dave_damage
08-23-2009, 12:23 AM
Good Bang for the Buck!

Do you even know what running active is? Or do you just like spamming every post with the crap you sell just for the sake of spamming? You might want to read the rules here. Your post are getting old.

troytag
08-23-2009, 12:55 AM
Are you only looking for audio or do you want a DVD head unit/navi or any other stuff? Either way, an external processor like Audison bit one or Alpine 701 combo would give you a lot more tuning options.

would you need the audison processor if you had a good hu like an eclipse 7200..or a clarion?
they have a good ability to tune built in?
i maybe way off base here but if i had something like the audison would i need all the tunning options some of the decks have built in?

i went to 3 shops in the santarosa area and 2 out of the 3 were pushing alpine 9886 with the pxa-h100?
is the alpine 701 better?
if i was to run across an audison bit one.1 for a good price would a mcintosh be in line?

i dont think i want any navi/dvd stuff...im looking for something i can put in a small console under my dash...kind of plain?..but monsterous behind the scenes...the interior in my 60 impala is completelly stock...pretty clean..very simple...
thanks for your question...

l7runner
08-23-2009, 01:30 AM
I'd pick up that 880prs the guy above was selling for $200. Great deal, I have the same deck and I love it.

very easy HU to set up if you are running active, plenty of eq, T/A, and other settings. All you really need.

Don't even look at the power acoustik flip out crap

LaserRed38
08-23-2009, 01:41 AM
The Imprint *****! Don't go that route. Yes the Pioneer and Eclipse units have more tuning ability than even the good Alpines (9815/9835/9855/9887), but nothing even close to the bit one. Hell with the bit one you could pick up one of those retro styled radios that look stock but have AM/FM/iPod inputs and use the signal from that to the bit one, then hide the bit one controller under your seat or in the glove box and you'd never know it's there. If you don't have an Audison dealer over there, come over to Hayward to Sound Innovations and talk to Ernie. They've done a lot of old car installs and if you're worried about keeping the "stock look", that is the route I would go. New retro HU with AM/FM/iPod/CD changer controls + bit one.

If you don't like that I'd go Denon/McIntosh + bit one.

would you need the audison processor if you had a good hu like an eclipse 7200..or a clarion?
they have a good ability to tune built in?
i maybe way off base here but if i had something like the audison would i need all the tunning options some of the decks have built in?

i went to 3 shops in the santarosa area and 2 out of the 3 were pushing alpine 9886 with the pxa-h100?
is the alpine 701 better?
if i was to run across an audison bit one.1 for a good price would a mcintosh be in line?

i dont think i want any navi/dvd stuff...im looking for something i can put in a small console under my dash...kind of plain?..but monsterous behind the scenes...the interior in my 60 impala is completelly stock...pretty clean..very simple...
thanks for your question...

troytag
08-23-2009, 02:48 AM
The Imprint *****! Don't go that route. Yes the Pioneer and Eclipse units have more tuning ability than even the good Alpines (9815/9835/9855/9887), but nothing even close to the bit one. Hell with the bit one you could pick up one of those retro styled radios that look stock but have AM/FM/iPod inputs and use the signal from that to the bit one, then hide the bit one controller under your seat or in the glove box and you'd never know it's there. If you don't have an Audison dealer over there, come over to Hayward to Sound Innovations and talk to Ernie. They've done a lot of old car installs and if you're worried about keeping the "stock look", that is the route I would go. New retro HU with AM/FM/iPod/CD changer controls + bit one.

If you don't like that I'd go Denon/McIntosh + bit one.

thank you patrick for your advise...its well taken and very app...
i can get a new mcintosh mx 406 for a very good price...
and a audison bit 1 just sold new for 650 shipped on diy..
not a bad set up..and will hold its value very well...
hopefully the morel elates and rainbow subs will do the mac/audison
justice??
ive been collecting zapco amps for some time now...
the wife thinks im koo-koo..i hate to say how many ive bought in the last 2 months..its very nice living so close to modesto ca...zapco is alive and well here in the bay area...
if i hadnt invested sooo much $$$ into all these zapco items id pick up a mcintosh mc 4000 6 channel amp... got a line on one down south...it has a meq-452 as an added item...the guy says its BNIB ?
cant buy em all!!!
thanks again for your post...

LaserRed38
08-23-2009, 02:59 AM
Depending on which Zapcos you've been collecting, I know some of them have a lot of tuning ability and I'm pretty sure they make a processor that you can use with their amps too. I haven't messed with any Zapco stuff personally, but I know they are quality amps and I know they have a lot of processing power built in depending on the model range. I want to say it's Zymbilink or something like that. Either you or someone else with Zapco experience might know. Glad I could be of help and also good to see more SQ guys in these parts. Little off topic, but are you doing a full build on your car? Restorod? Or just keeping it stock but updating the sound system? Did you make it out to the Good Guys show?

LaserRed38
08-23-2009, 03:08 AM
Btw we just installed one of those huge Mc 6ch amps, Dynaudio comps, Focal sub and OS Sony Mobile ES HU and EQ into an older Volvo 850R wagon. All hidden in stock locations. Those amps are power houses and I'd love to own one, one day.

Morel Elates and Rainbow subs would be a great match for some Zapcos. As
long as you tune them right you'll be very happy with that set up.

troytag
08-23-2009, 03:59 AM
Depending on which Zapcos you've been collecting, I know some of them have a lot of tuning ability and I'm pretty sure they make a processor that you can use with their amps too. I haven't messed with any Zapco stuff personally, but I know they are quality amps and I know they have a lot of processing power built in depending on the model range. I want to say it's Zymbilink or something like that. Either you or someone else with Zapco experience might know. Glad I could be of help and also good to see more SQ guys in these parts. Little off topic, but are you doing a full build on your car? Restorod? Or just keeping it stock but updating the sound system? Did you make it out to the Good Guys show?

yes me and the wife made it goodguys today...spent most of our time at the swapmeet area...never know whatll pop up there..

i followed this 60 impala since i was a teenager....the previous owner took
it all apart to restore in 1982..someone stole the 348 bb..he lost the hood/steering column..and misc parts...never finished..sat sicce 1983
i bought it for next to nothing 5 yrs ago...i built a m/t for it..sbc
did a total frame off..every nut and bolt..all the work was done in my garage..
had it painted last yr...laser straight body//black with red interior..paint turned out show!!
20" coys
bagged
im ready to install these Z-600 amps
and have a lil stereo to turn on..
thanks again for your time..