PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good spot for speakers?

TheJuggla1
08-18-2009, 03:49 PM
Not in the actual door there is too much s*** in the door so it won't work like that. I was thinking in the little area in the red circle, will this work?

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee268/Allan-2greasy/doorpanel1-1.jpg?t=1250621391

cookieman
08-18-2009, 04:03 PM
Hi, this is my first post but i do know (old schooler) that will not work. My suggestion would be to make door pods made of mdf and fiberglass and ditch the map pockets or, mount them in the kick panels.

TheJuggla1
08-18-2009, 04:59 PM
What won't work about it? It is pretty solid there.

DB-Audio
08-18-2009, 05:02 PM
unless you were to seel it up around the top with fiberglass it would sound like *** so either way you would need to fiberglass something you might as well make door pods or do the kick panels

jdawg
08-18-2009, 05:04 PM
yea if you want them firing into your seats

TheJuggla1
08-18-2009, 05:43 PM
yea if you want them firing into your seats

They won't be firing into the seats, more in the area between your leg and the seats.

unless you were to seel it up around the top with fiberglass it would sound like ***

Can I just close off the hole thing? Or do I actually have to redo it? I have had my speakers in the door panel of previous vehicles and it sounded ok to me, just in this vehicle there is no room to do that because it has power windows without building something for it. Is leaving it unsealed the same as having it in the door like my other vehicle? or will it sound worse?

Johnny Law.Lulz
08-18-2009, 05:47 PM
What happened to the stock speakers that were there. If there was stock then theres enough room for yours.

ExpiredDrummer
08-18-2009, 05:52 PM
They won't be firing into the seats, more in the area between your leg and the seats.

Can I just close off the hole thing? Or do I actually have to redo it? I have had my speakers in the door panel of previous vehicles and it sounded ok to me, just in this vehicle there is no room to do that because it has power windows without building something for it. Is leaving it unsealed the same as having it in the door like my other vehicle? or will it sound worse?

your not going to get very good mis bass response with them in that location.

tRiGgEr
08-18-2009, 06:03 PM
No

eharri3
08-18-2009, 10:39 PM
If we were talking about a midbass driver in a 3 way system designed to fill in something like 50 or 60 to 150 HZ, and that whole thing is sealed off and basically turned into an enclosure, and the rest of the system is further in front of you and angled properly, maybe. If we're talking a midrange/midbass driver in a 2 way system or a coaxial, probably no good.

TheJuggla1
08-19-2009, 03:15 AM
What happened to the stock speakers that were there. If there was stock then theres enough room for yours.

There is no stock left, but it looks like the stock ones in the dash were replaced by 6x4, and I got 6" so that doesn't work out.

So how bad are we talking about with putting these in the panel, I don't have the time and would really like to get these in(I am taking over my friends small pizza businessfor a good 2 weeks, while he is on vacation, so it is kinda hard to do this work with little time, and I am stuck with worn out speakers.