PDA

View Full Version : diamond audio or jbl?

robertoyoung08
08-18-2009, 04:01 AM
trying to get some component speakers.

JBL Power Series or Diamond Audio D3's?

anyone have heard either of them?

any other suggestions? Trying to get some good ones, but not the best, just trying to improve my sound.

ace_800
08-18-2009, 04:13 AM
I used the D3's for my rear fill of my Murano and the Hex comps up front, I hated them both. The D3's blew off of 60rms of clean power from a Zapco reference and the Hex's sounded like crap. Never heard the JBL's.

michaellane
08-18-2009, 04:14 AM
be safe and just run some alpine. they sound good and get loud off little power. type r's are good for ebay money. i ran the type s for a few years and liked them

Ksan
08-18-2009, 10:41 AM
TBH I would not run either of those. If I was short on money I would just get the PG RSD and be done. Until i could save for some good Comps.

robertoyoung08
08-18-2009, 06:00 PM
I used the D3's for my rear fill of my Murano and the Hex comps up front, I hated them both. The D3's blew off of 60rms of clean power from a Zapco reference and the Hex's sounded like crap. Never heard the JBL's.

****, im surprised you didnt like the diamond hex's at least! Their supposed to be really good speakers. I can understand the d3's, since their one of the lowest lines, but im still surprised, diamond is supposed to be really good speakers.

.. as for the alpines someone suggested, I've never heard alpines either, so idk if that would be the safe way.

FJF
08-18-2009, 06:35 PM
I had a set of D3s a few years ago. They sounded reasonably clear with a warm-ish tonal balance. For the money, they were pretty good.

Abarca
08-19-2009, 02:17 PM
JBL GTi c608's

if you wanna go with either of those companies

spltuscon
08-19-2009, 04:29 PM
I bought JBL Power P650c components almost 4 yrs ago when I first got my truck because I was short on money and figured I'd upgrade later. Well 4yrs later I'm still running them...they are really good for what you pay on ebay ($120 shipped!) Yes, I've heard (and owned) better and certainly more expensive speakers but the value is quite good. As for SQ; its pretty good, highs are slightly harsh IMO and the midbass is so so, but overall they sound good (powered by a decent amp, and with deadened doors).

Another good choice for similar money is the Polk Audio db series components. Installed a pair for a friend and off stock HU power they sounded nice...I imagine with an amp and deadening they would come alive nicely.

I should add that I have really abused these badly and they've survived. Most of their life they've been fed over 100w/ch and played at high volumes during demo's and they keep kickin'