PDA

View Full Version : Integra Owners, how do I pull an aftermarket cd player?

NJTStang11
08-17-2009, 11:06 PM
I just got a 95 Integra and Im having trouble pulling the aftermarket headunit that the previous owner installed. I did some searches but can only find removal of stock HU which is already out. I tried prying it out but things start to lean and nearly break. Is there something Im missing here?

westman995
08-17-2009, 11:09 PM
Most likely you just take something thin to stick in each side to push the security tabs out and then pull it out. In the middle of the side is where you stick it. It has to be like less than an inch wide, prolly half inch or maybe less and quite thin but decently strong to push the tabs out.

NJTStang11
08-17-2009, 11:11 PM
Most likely you just take something thin to stick in each side to push the security tabs out and then pull it out. In the middle of the side is where you stick it. It has to be like less than an inch wide, prolly half inch or maybe less and quite thin but decently strong to push the tabs out.

I tried butter knives but felt like I was about to break ****. Maybe something thinner?

westman995
08-17-2009, 11:24 PM
Im thinking those may be a little bit too wide to fit between the slots but maybe not. Id try sometihing not so thick and not as wide first. I dono how those cars dash is, thats just normally how you take the radio out with a single din aftermarket im pretty sure.

allout13
08-17-2009, 11:38 PM
I tried butter knives but felt like I was about to break ****. Maybe something thinner?

I used butter knives to get the stereo out of mine :fyi:

you could try to pull out the dash kit, but thats kinda risky if you dont know what tabs are holding it in :crap:

NJTStang11
08-17-2009, 11:49 PM
I used butter knives to get the stereo out of mine :fyi:

you could try to pull out the dash kit, but thats kinda risky if you dont know what tabs are holding it in :crap:

I was prolly just being a ***** about it :laugh:
The interior is pretty mint so I was spazzing about breaking anything