PDA

View Full Version : Alpine CDA 9883

DeLaRosa25
08-15-2009, 11:12 PM
Ok I just bought a Alpine 9883 from a friend for dirt cheap (gave me a good deal)

So yesterday I uninstalled my current alpine and everything was going well.

Well a piece of my dash kit broke. And the cage sleeve? From my old Alpine does not lock in with the new. The reciever kind of just slides out of the dash and I have to push it back in every now and again.

Now to secure it in place. Would I need the new cage sleeve(the one that comes with the cd player)? Dash kit or both. Im thinking both to be on the safe side. The cage sleeve from my old alpine seems a bit to big for the new alpine and cant think of a way to lock it in.

But having a hard time looking for a good dash kit?( Dont know much about them)

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120993009/General-Motors-In-dash-Receiver-Kit.html?tp=3121

This is the one I keep seeing around ebay. Seems like it would do ok, but dont really understand the " Note: If you are installing a DIN-style receiver, you'll need to convert the 2-shaft face plate to accept your radio by cutting and removing the plastic shaft supports."

Im still a noob when it comes to this stuff so bare with me please if my lingo isnt the correct terminology haha. Just going by what I read on the internet hoping that its right.

EDIT. Can someone move this to the installation and wiring thread. Sorry I put this in the wrong spot

PerformanceAuto
08-16-2009, 12:49 PM
Hi. Yes, sound like you actually just need a replacement dash installation kit. I would be happy to help you find a good quality kit for cheap, simply email me.
There are several good quality brands available...

DeLaRosa25
08-17-2009, 09:56 AM
Hi. Yes, sound like you actually just need a replacement dash installation kit. I would be happy to help you find a good quality kit for cheap, simply email me.
There are several good quality brands available...

kk. Anyone else have any ideas? Or how I can reuse the same sleeve, somewhat modifying it to work

DeLaRosa25
08-19-2009, 08:51 PM
kk Well finally had a day off today so had some time to play with it.. Dash kit is ok how it is just a lil crack. I think I def need a new cage sleeve. I pulled on my face plate and just slide my entire head unit out no problem! The cage somewhat stay in but again didnt lock in like it should!

I was reading the manual online and also mentioned something about bracket keys where you slide them in? Only thing I can think of to help make it stay in is a ghetto fix.. zip ties :(