PDA

View Full Version : Question for AVH-P4100DVD Owners

RunninRedline
08-14-2009, 03:39 PM
I'm looking into getting this head unit. I've tried to read everything to find this out but with no luck. If you have the Ipod interface cord can you still also use the USB port for portable media?

HKUSP45C
08-16-2009, 12:39 PM
Yes, I have an Ipod mini and a usb thumb drive plugged into mine as we speak. I can play music/videos from either. I hope that's what you were asking.

bugeyed
08-17-2009, 04:53 PM
Yes, I have an Ipod mini and a usb thumb drive plugged into mine as we speak. I can play music/videos from either. I hope that's what you were asking.

Are you sure about playing videos from the USB thumb drive? My 3100 will not do that. It will play videos from my Zune, but the 3100 does not play video from a file. Be great if it did!

RunninRedline
08-17-2009, 11:07 PM

I think that answers my question. Basically I'm asking if I put a Y adapter on the USB port on the back and have both the thumb drive and the Ipod hooked up at the same time can I switch between the 2 interfaces?