PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow Profi run by PG 600.2 cutting out

bruther
08-14-2009, 12:02 PM
Hello all,
I'm currently running a set of 6 1/2's Rainbow Profi CS265 with the regular woofers. I am not running active. I'm powering the speakers with a Phoenix Gold 600.2 which has rated power of 150*2. I am using the amp crossover and the component crossover as well.

My problem is that the passenger side tweeter continues to cut out at high volumes. It is always the passenger side and never the drivers side. I'm not sure why this is. I do not run the speakers past distortion but I definitely play them loud.

Does anyone have any ideas of what may be wrong?

Puggsley456
08-15-2009, 02:29 AM
Is that a ti600.2? I ask because I run the CMX Kicks off of mine and I had a similar problem but it was with the whole right channel. I turned out the crossover pot on the amp needed cleaning as it wasnt making proper contact.

Also I dont recall if your set has the bulb in the crossover or not? But check it as well.

bruther
08-15-2009, 09:13 AM
Thanks i will check......But if the bulb is lighting up in the crossover why wouldn't both sides be cutting out? Its only the passenger side tweeter. The woofer seems fine.

Puggsley456
08-15-2009, 12:06 PM
The bulb in the crossover is only there to protect the tweeter. I had one of mine vibrate loose in the crossover. A very easy and releaving fix if it is the problem

okiedokie
08-16-2009, 02:10 AM
Just check your wiring, it sounds like the positive or negative wires are loose on the amp or passive xover.
Or your wires go that tweeter may have a short.