PDA

View Full Version : Re audio RE Components?

Thewes
08-13-2009, 07:25 PM
Just picked up a couple sets of the RE audio RE components. Wondering if anyone has any experience with them? Says 50rms but thats a bit low, what have some of you guys fed them?

MSW Danny
08-13-2009, 09:13 PM
100w+ RMS should be good

joker4096
08-13-2009, 09:16 PM
just do a bit over recommended, REs are very well made equipment

misfit138
08-13-2009, 09:50 PM
I had 4 pairs of them last summer. Tested one pair on a Alpine MRP-F600. Kept the gain relatively low, and they did fine. Left them in the vehicle for about 2 weeks and had no trouble.

How much did you pay for them?

Thewes
08-13-2009, 10:38 PM
120 a set shipped how about you?

johnky
08-13-2009, 10:54 PM
RE stuffs should be pretty good

misfit138
08-13-2009, 11:56 PM
120 a set shipped how about you?

I went to the local shop and butchered the guy's RE and US Amps stock. He gave me a hell of a deal.

8x SE12D4 = $800
4x RE6.5 = $400
4x MD-2D = $1,200
2x MD-43 = $600

Threw a pair of the SEs, an MD-2D and a pair of the comps in my buddy's LS, and the rest of the stuff never saw power.

I was going to put it all in a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, but I totaled the vehicle. Sold every last piece of this stuff...

Ksan
08-17-2009, 03:42 AM
So you expect us to believe you droped $3000.00 on this stuff but you drive a Dakota.

Funny you only mentioned a pair of $90.00 kicker CVR's in the bragging post.

OMG AHAHAHA there goes the coke all over the keyboard again....faceplant

davidfre21
08-17-2009, 03:45 AM
some people abuse credit cards :(

But on another note i drive a ford ranger and have the ability to drop 3Gs right now if i wanted, some are just better with their money than others.

NoPh33rRaCiNg
08-17-2009, 03:46 AM
i fed a set 60 rms per side, gains set properly, and blew passenger tweet, replaced it, then the drivers side tweet went out too a few months later.

misfit138
08-17-2009, 05:18 AM
So you expect us to believe you droped $3000.00 on this stuff but you drive a Dakota.

Funny you only mentioned a pair of $90.00 kicker CVR's in the bragging post.

OMG AHAHAHA there goes the coke all over the keyboard again....faceplant

Don't care what you believe, douche.

I sold one pair of the SE's to a guy on this forum.

Oh, and by the way. I mentioned more than the Kickers. I also mentioned a pair of 10" Polk Momos, 2 pairs of bnib RF comps and some crappy Profile amps. As well as my flip out Clarion. Do I really need to list every piece of equipment that I own just to appease you?

misfit138
08-17-2009, 05:24 AM
some are just better with their money than others.

This.

SSS 18734
08-17-2009, 05:56 AM
I set my gains to give my RE RE's 120 wRMS per side when I had them. Never had one issue. No blown speakers, and they took full volume quite well.

Ksan
08-17-2009, 07:52 AM
#46 08-14-2009, 06:31 PM
misfit138
"From my point of view, the entire hobby should be based around doing the best you can with the money you have."

misfit138
"The SR series is one of the best entry level subs I've ever seen."

So the above Quote from you would mean that the SE is WAY better and should be in your Toy truck. But instead we get this one.

misfit138
"I personally don't think anything I have is worth a d*mn. That's why none of it is in my vehicle."

You have mentioned that RE Audio is some of the best out, but then you say you don't have anything good enough to put into your toy truck but from what you have said wouldn't four RE Audio 12 inch SE be way off the chart? Yea thats what I thought and if you had three grand you would have started this dream build your always talking about. You failed, let it go, live with it and learn.

Oh, I am sorry yes, I forgot you were mad over your $90.00 pair of Kicker CVR's, a $75.00 pair of Polks and a $60.00 dollar pair of Rockford comps. I do think $235.00 is a far cry from $3000.00. I just could not help myself reading that from you and knowing **** good and well you don't have it just got to me, I guess I should have kept it to myself but you fail, learn from it, let it go and grow and no way in hell you dropped three grand. Caught in another lie are we, hmmm that makes like five now.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those RE comps are fair they sound decent but I would not go to much above the rated power, say around 75rms or so imo, 100watts will blow the tweets.

misfit138
08-17-2009, 05:10 PM
#46 08-14-2009, 06:31 PM
misfit138
"From my point of view, the entire hobby should be based around doing the best you can with the money you have."

misfit138
"The SR series is one of the best entry level subs I've ever seen."

So the above Quote from you would mean that the SE is WAY better and should be in your Toy truck. But instead we get this one.

misfit138
"I personally don't think anything I have is worth a d*mn. That's why none of it is in my vehicle."

You have mentioned that RE Audio is some of the best out, but then you say you don't have anything good enough to put into your toy truck but from what you have said wouldn't four RE Audio 12 inch SE be way off the chart? Yea thats what I thought and if you had three grand you would have started this dream build your always talking about. You failed, let it go, live with it and learn.

Oh, I am sorry yes, I forgot you were mad over your $90.00 pair of Kicker CVR's, a $75.00 pair of Polks and a $60.00 dollar pair of Rockford comps. I do think $235.00 is a far cry from $3000.00. I just could not help myself reading that from you and knowing **** good and well you don't have it just got to me, I guess I should have kept it to myself but you fail, learn from it, let it go and grow and no way in hell you dropped three grand. Caught in another lie are we, hmmm that makes like five now.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those RE comps are fair they sound decent but I would not go to much above the rated power, say around 75rms or so imo, 100watts will blow the tweets.

It's clear that you have some serious mental problems, man.

If you had any type of intelligence, you would've noticed that I no longer own the vehicle that all of my RE stuff would've went into. I bought a newer ride and sold off all of my RE and US Amps stuff to help pay for it.

I'm gonna go ahead and put you on the old ignore list now, so have a good one...

Zellner
08-19-2009, 12:12 AM
i have two sets of the re comps and blew all 4 of the tweeters off of a little more than 60rms in like 2 days....needless to say im using my 1 yr warrenty lol. They also are a little harsh i wouldnt recommend them. they just arent up to par in the SQ department for me. Also i bought a pair of the RE SE 12s from misfit so....he didnt just have CRV's

Ryan1126
08-19-2009, 12:17 AM
i have two sets of the re comps and blew all 4 of the tweeters off of a little more than 60rms in like 2 days....needless to say im using my 1 yr warrenty lol. They also are a little harsh i wouldnt recommend them. they just arent up to par in the SQ department for me. Also i bought a pair of the RE SE 12s from misfit so....he didnt just have CRV's

There you go, not everyone on here lies dude, misfit was telling the truth.

altoncustomtech
08-19-2009, 12:19 AM
Just a quick .02 here guys...... If you're having problems blowing tweets on a regular basis buy 1 dome light bulb per tweeter and solder it in series on the positive lead.... it will save you lots of time, money and frustration..... Bose has used this technique to protect tweets on the 801 and 901 series speakers for many years and Polk Audio uses the same type of protection on their $800 SR6500 component sets as well.....

jdawg
08-19-2009, 12:33 AM
Just a quick .02 here guys...... If you're having problems blowing tweets on a regular basis buy 1 dome light bulb per tweeter and solder it in series on the positive lead.... it will save you lots of time, money and frustration..... Bose has used this technique to protect tweets on the 801 and 901 series speakers for many years and Polk Audio uses the same type of protection on their $800 SR6500 component sets as well.....

wtf does it do? burn out with too much power? how much power?

altoncustomtech
08-19-2009, 12:42 AM
I'm not exactly sure how it works but I tested it once...... While watching the signal on an Oscope I ran a 9K signal through my 6006 and when I turned it up into clipping the bulbs would light up.... my guess is that the bulb absorbs the apparent DC current seen at clipping..... I guess..... I dunno but I run my Atlas components with that 6006 and have never had an issue with a tweet with the bulbs installed at the recommendation of John at Maxxsonics after blowing a couple of them when I first installed.....

They seem to work.... I mean, if Polk is using them in those higher dollar sets (they aren't the only ones, but I can't come up with more examples that fast this tired) then somethings gotta be working.....

misfit138
08-19-2009, 01:53 AM

Thanks for speaking up, man.

I hate being called a liar...:verymad:

By the way, you put those subs to very good use. I love the install. :)

Zellner
08-19-2009, 02:57 AM

can i get more detail i have no idea how the f to wire lightbulbs into my system lol. they must be a certain type? can i get a link to the equipment needed please?

Thanks for speaking up, man.

I hate being called a liar...:verymad:

By the way, you put those subs to very good use. I love the install. :)
Your welcome and Thank you