PDA

View Full Version : Box gurus...got port Q???

Trixter
11-03-2003, 08:43 AM
Is it possible to have a box with four ports. Two of one length and two of another? I don't think it is possible but I thought I would ask. If I were to divide my box in half and figure out the port length one half and then the other and average the two together to get my freq. would that work? (I'm thinking that more air would pass through the shorter ports due to less resistance...making it not work out that well.) Let me know your thoughts.

LoneRanger
11-03-2003, 09:07 AM
Is it possible to have a box with four ports. Two of one length and two of another? I don't think it is possible but I thought I would ask. If I were to divide my box in half and figure out the port length one half and then the other and average the two together to get my freq. would that work? (I'm thinking that more air would pass through the shorter ports due to less resistance...making it not work out that well.) Let me know your thoughts.

Nice idea....however, it won't work. Air would come out all four openings and cause a mess of cancelation and several other disfavorable issues....

However, you should probably read up on ABC and 6th order bandpass enclosures :)

www.diysubwoofers.org