PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in NW Indiana/South Chicagoland

ejschultz
08-12-2009, 02:39 AM
I'm looking for someone in NW Indiana/South Chicagoland who has wood shop tools and skills. I know this probably doesn't belong in the enclosure thread, but I figured it would be a good place to start. I've got speaker baffles that I had made for my front doors to fit my 5.25 Focals where the factory 4x6s were. They work great, but they're too thick. I'm wondering if anyone can take them and literally cut them in half to make them thinner than they are. Right now they're probably about 3/4 of an inch thick. The speakers hit the door panels when I have any sort of midbass going through them. I think if I can get someone to get them to half their current thickness, I'll be able to get my midbass out of the speakers. Right now I have a decent front stage, from 200 Hz up. :( All of my midbass is coming from my rear fill at the moment. Anyone who wants to help me out, please let me know.

mlstrass
08-12-2009, 02:41 AM
Just make a new set out of 3/8" wood using what you have already as a template...

ejschultz
08-12-2009, 02:43 AM
Just make a new set out of 3/8" wood using what you have already as a template...

I sure wish I could, but I have no tools/skills to do this. I'm not at all good with any sort of wood work. I'll do anything but actually construct an enclosure or build something like this. I'd probably lose a finger.

EDIT: That is a good idea though. If anyone thinks it would be easier/safer to do it this way instead, let me know. I'll definitely be willing to pay you for it.

mlstrass
08-12-2009, 02:45 AM
I'm all the way up by Six Flags, so I doubt you'd want to drive that far. Hopefully someone closer chimes in.

Were you at the MECA comp 3-4 weeks ago in Schererville? I was with the Team DOA guys...

ejschultz
08-12-2009, 02:47 AM
I'm all the way up by Six Flags, so I doubt you'd want to drive that far. Hopefully someone closer chimes in.

Were you at the MECA comp 3-4 weeks ago in Schererville? I was with the Team DOA guys...

I didn't even know there was anything going on in Schererville. I wish I knew about it. I definitely would have been there. I'd be willing to drive up there for a day to get some new baffles if you'd be willing to do it.

85_blazer
08-12-2009, 02:48 AM

man six flags is only like two hours away from me so its prob like hour 30 min away from him....and wtf now im pissed idk there was any thing goin on in sherriville i would of went for sure!!!

ejschultz
08-12-2009, 02:49 AM
man six flags is only like two hours away from me so its prob like hour 30 min away from him....and wtf now im pissed idk there was any thing goin on in sherriville i would of went for sure!!!

I guess we should read more in the events section...

dave_damage
08-12-2009, 02:50 AM
I **** at wood lol But Im close.

mlstrass
08-12-2009, 02:51 AM
TommyK competes in MECA but forgot and only posted it the night before. Was some local shop hosting it.

Shouldn't take more then an hour to do the baffles assuming you can get your door panels off easily...

mlstrass
08-12-2009, 02:52 AM

What's up Dave? Got another WGCI show this Sunday, but not in Scary Gary :eek:

Plan to do some damage with the Altima at this one as I only had 2 subs playing at the last one when you heard it :furious:

ejschultz
08-12-2009, 02:56 AM
TommyK competes in MECA but forgot and only posted it the night before. Was some local shop hosting it.

Shouldn't take more then an hour to do the baffles assuming you can get your door panels off easily...

If I did it, I'd probably take it apart at home and drive my truck up there instead of the car. I know it's really not a "show" car, but I don't like putting a ton of miles on it. That's what my truck is for. I'd basically be coming up there with just the baffles. I assumed that they're 3/4, but I'm not 100% sure. They may already be 3/8, but I do think they're thicker than that. I'll measure them in a couple of days, once I feel like taking the panels off. They're not hard to get off, but I hate doing it. What day would be best for you. I'm good with Monday through Wednesday, during the day. I can free up time if that doesn't work for you.

85_blazer
08-12-2009, 02:56 AM
I guess we should read more in the events section...

ya i guess because i never know of any thing goin on around here:(

ejschultz
08-12-2009, 02:57 AM

lol

ejschultz
08-12-2009, 02:58 AM
ya i guess because i never know of any thing goin on around here:(

I honestly never really thought much went on here...

EDIT: I guess there really is more than just corn in Indiana.

mlstrass
08-12-2009, 03:01 AM
If I did it, I'd probably take it apart at home and drive my truck up there instead of the car. I know it's really not a "show" car, but I don't like putting a ton of miles on it. That's what my truck is for. I'd basically be coming up there with just the baffles. I assumed that they're 3/4, but I'm not 100% sure. They may already be 3/8, but I do think they're thicker than that. I'll measure them in a couple of days, once I feel like taking the panels off. They're not hard to get off, but I hate doing it. What day would be best for you. I'm good with Monday through Wednesday, during the day. I can free up time if that doesn't work for you.

get the measurement when you can and PM me and we can figure something out...

85_blazer
08-12-2009, 03:02 AM
I honestly never really thought much went on here...

EDIT: I guess there really is more than just corn in Indiana.

ya i guess i mean i wouldn't go to compete but i would go for something to do and see if i could learn a thing or two...i went to the finials in indy last year it was pretty fun....

ejschultz
08-12-2009, 03:06 AM
get the measurement when you can and PM me and we can figure something out...

Okay, give me a couple of days to work on it and I'll PM you with the info.

ejschultz
08-12-2009, 03:09 AM
ya i guess i mean i wouldn't go to compete but i would go for something to do and see if i could learn a thing or two...i went to the finials in indy last year it was pretty fun....

Yeah, my system definitely isn't something to compete with. I'd be blown away by probably a lot out there. I've got it geared more towards SQ, but it's by no means a "real" SQ system.

dave_damage
08-12-2009, 05:39 AM
What's up Dave? Got another WGCI show this Sunday, but not in Scary Gary :eek:

Plan to do some damage with the Altima at this one as I only had 2 subs playing at the last one when you heard it :furious:

Hey man!! Whats new? What amps were you running again? The AQ's?

mlstrass
08-12-2009, 12:39 PM
Hey man!! Whats new? What amps were you running again? The AQ's?

AQ 3500's. I was down 8dB's the day you heard it :furious: There's another GCI show on the 16th in Olympia Fields and some DOA cars will be there..

Ellsworthz
08-12-2009, 12:44 PM
get a block of wood and some sand paper..

might take a little while but at least it will be smooth and you can make it fit perfect..