PDA

View Full Version : Question About Seas Tweeters........

Mixman
08-11-2009, 04:23 PM
Can the mount be pulled off of these http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=45_245_313&products_id=633 Seas tweeters or is this a permanent part of the tweeter? Without the mount the tweeter is only 46mm wide, which is good, but with it it is 53 mm, not so good.

Also, are these aluminum tweeters harsh, or are the silks better? I like bright, but not brutal.

Mixman
08-11-2009, 09:15 PM
Anyone know about these tweeters?

mvw2
08-11-2009, 11:05 PM
You're better off not taking them apart.

The metal version is not harsh. Despite being metal, they aren't offensive.

You'll probably be better with the metal version.

Mixman
08-11-2009, 11:48 PM
Thanks. Can the housing come off easily without me breaking the tweeters?
Has anyone had to take them off?

mvw2
08-12-2009, 02:56 AM
Well, you will do perminent damage doing so, but only to the plastic housing as far as I'm aware. Frankly, I'm just not sure how it's put together, so I can't say that after you remove the housing the tweeter wouldn't just fall apart. As well, you'll want to retain the grill anyways as it does improve dispersion when off-axis as well as protect the fragile cone. The tweeter really isn't that big, very comparable to a lot of car audio component sets really and decently shallow. It may be better to just look into placing the tweeter in a different, good location or do some custom fabrication to make it fit. It's a really good tweeter, so it would be a shame to simply not use it because of laziness.

Mixman
08-12-2009, 10:51 AM
I will try it and see. If I have to I will cut off part of the lip to get the tweeter into my a-pillar as that is the only part that is too big.