PDA

View Full Version : Parker G scammed me and disappeared

stevexyz
08-11-2009, 01:35 AM
i really hate to leave negative feedback, but i believe i've been scammed:( here's the original for sale thread:

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421307

this guy's been in the forum long enough and seems legit. so i sent him the money (on July 24th) for his amp right after we both agreed to the deal. but it's been more than two weeks now and i still have not received anything from him yet.

at first i asked him to ship via usps flat rate priority box, because that's cheaper and faster. couple days later he said the post office he went to didn't have a suitable size box, and so he said he would stick with ups, which was fine with me.

i asked him for the tracking # the next day, but he just didn't respond. a few days later i tried to pm him again, but his inbox was full. so i sent him email instead and posted it in his original thread. it took him couple days to respond. he said he was very busy but he DID ship out the amp to me already (didn't say when, didn't give me a tracking #). he just told me to wait for it.

that was the last time (Aug. 4th) i heard from him. i tried to pm and email him several times to asked for a tracking #, but no reply. so i opened up a dispute on paypal last friday (Aug. 7), sending him couple more msg's and direct emails. but still no respond from him.

i guess the only thing i can do now is to file a pp and cc claim:crap:

I REALLY HOPE HE'S JUST TOO BUSY. IF ANYONE KNOWS HIM IN PERSON, WOULD YOU PLEASE CONTACT HIM FOR ME?THANKS!

UPDATE: Parker showed up and provided tracking # finally. I'll wait for the amp to arrive.

UPDATE: just got amp today (Aug 15), postmarked Aug 11. and the amp is not working:crap: i'll try to deal with him and see if we can work something out first:(

UPDATE: parker returned my call, actually quite quickly this time. then i sent him pix of the blown diodes and possible burn mark in the amp. still waiting for him to get back to me. hopefully we can work this thing out.

bhsdriller
08-11-2009, 01:36 AM
gl man

hornedfrog1985
08-11-2009, 01:43 AM
Man, what's with people ripping people off for hardly anything?

stevexyz
08-11-2009, 01:56 AM
i know, for just 80 bucks? i'm still having hard time believing it myself:crap:

KyleBechtold
08-11-2009, 01:58 AM
hmm.. has be on? he did a lot of business on here with those batts a while back.. doubt he would rip ya off for $75.. just IMO..

stevexyz
08-11-2009, 02:21 AM
hmm.. has be on? he did a lot of business on here with those batts a while back.. doubt he would rip ya off for $75.. just IMO..

last time he logged on was Aug. 5th. but he didn't reply my pm or email then. it shouldn't take more than couple minutes to reply with a tracking #, right? if he did ship out the amp to me, then i should have received it by now.

like i said, i still have hard time believing it myself. but no reply, no package, no tracking # for such a long time. it's really getting me worried:(

one other thing is the paypal address he gave me is under a woman's name, with (0) verifed buyers. if he's been using this paypal for so long, and so many buyers bought from him before, then how come there's no verified buyers shown in his account?

ciaonzo
08-11-2009, 02:49 AM
Just doesn't fit; him being a scammer. I wonder if something might have happened to him. Hopefully someone on here knows him personally and can check and see. I know it's hard but try to remain patient.

KyleBechtold
08-11-2009, 02:53 AM
only thing i can think of is either A. He sent you a typo on the paypal which happens and is ignoring you since he hasn't received payment.. B. You typed the paypal he gave you incorrectly and same ending as ^^.. C. Something is fishy

stevexyz
08-11-2009, 03:02 AM
only thing i can think of is either A. He sent you a typo on the paypal which happens and is ignoring you since he hasn't received payment.. B. You typed the paypal he gave you incorrectly and same ending as ^^.. C. Something is fishy

nope. you can see from he's original for sale thread. he already confirmed that he received the payment. i sent my emails to that same address, and i did receive one and only one reply from him saying he was busy. the same day he posted up saying he already shipped the amp to me and told me to just wait for it.

Parker G
08-11-2009, 05:28 PM
Sorry again if you think I'm scamming you because you thru a BF. I've already given paypal the shipping. Sorry it's taking so long for you to get the amp. Now quit crying you got an amazing deal on a decent amp. I'm not here to scam anyone. Do you really think i would ruin my credibility over $65 because Thats all I got outta the $80 your crying about. I insured your amp for 201 so you'd have sign for it. Now Fall back and wait it out. I'm sure you'll be happy with it when it get's there.

Parker G
08-11-2009, 05:30 PM
Here's the tracking number even tho I would rather make you wait in the dark for being so impatient.

I shipped it usps by the way.
1307 1080 0000 2051 1098

Johnny Law.Lulz
08-11-2009, 05:33 PM
Sorry again if you think I'm scamming you because you thru a BF. I've already given paypal the shipping. Sorry it's taking so long for you to get the amp. Now quit crying you got an amazing deal on a decent amp. I'm not here to scam anyone. Do you really think i would ruin my credibility over $65 because Thats all I got outta the $80 your crying about. I insured your amp for 201 so you'd have sign for it. Now Fall back and wait it out. I'm sure you'll be happy with it when it get's there.

lol this. :laugh::)

Parker G
08-11-2009, 06:11 PM
So this guy still thinks I'm scamming him because the tracking numbers aren't working properly. So heres a pick of the reciept to show everyone on here I'm not scamming this kid.

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee196/1qwikstang/0811091607a.jpg

DSMW
08-11-2009, 06:13 PM
i have done business twice in person with parker. hes a good guy.

Parker G
08-11-2009, 06:17 PM
i have done business twice in person with parker. hes a good guy.

Thanx pimpin

stevexyz
08-11-2009, 06:17 PM

Here's the tracking number even tho I would rather make you wait in the dark for being so impatient.

1307 1080 0000 2051 1098

great, that really makes you an awesome seller here:rolleyes:

it's been more than two weeks since i paid you. it's been a week since i last heard from you. with no reply to my many pm's and emails, with no tracking info provided, with no respond even to paypal dispute for four days. and now you are calling me "so impatient"? then i really don't know what patient is now. i don't think you would even show up to respond if i didn't post this thread here. people get very busy all the time. but it wouldn't take you more than a couple minutes to just reply with a tracking #, right?

oldschool4me
08-11-2009, 06:23 PM
standard shipping will be 5-10 business days from IL to CA. closer to 10 though.

Parker G
08-11-2009, 06:27 PM
great, that really makes you an awesome seller here:rolleyes:

it's been more than two weeks since i paid you. it's been a week since i last heard from you. with no reply to my many pm's and emails, with no tracking info provided, with no respond even to paypal dispute for four days. and now you are calling me "so impatient"? then i really don't know what patient is now. i don't think you would even show up to respond if i didn't post this thread here. people get very busy all the time. but it wouldn't take you more than a couple minutes to just reply with a tracking #, right?

like I said I'm sorry that I didn't communicate with you as much as you woulda liked..... I never ever said I was an awesome seller! I'm just not a scammer ;) Now please just take a few deep breaths, count to 10.

You feel better yet? now please stop calling me a scammer and wait for it to get delivered. Or do you want me to see if I can stop the shipment where ever it maybe and see if they can return it to sender and I'll be more than happy to give you your 80 back and take the 15 dollar loss. it's up to you.

What more do you want?

oldschool4me
08-11-2009, 06:29 PM
i have shipped many items and standard shipping is slow and sometimes takes over the 10 days to get there. depends on the route the package goes in. i have shipped many things to revrider1 and a couple times it took 10 or so days to get to him in tx and im in oh.

stevexyz
08-11-2009, 06:30 PM
So this guy still thinks I'm scamming him because the tracking numbers aren't working properly. So heres a pick of the reciept to show everyone on here I'm not scamming this kid.

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee196/1qwikstang/0811091607a.jpg

ok, you are not a scammer. but i still haven't receive the amp from you yet. if you put yourself in my situation then how would you feel? especially with no tracking info provided and no respond from the seller for such a long time?

oldschool4me
08-11-2009, 06:34 PM
ok, you are not a scammer. but i still haven't receive the amp from you yet. if you put yourself in my situation then how would you feel? especially with no tracking info provided and no respond from the seller for such a long time?

thats understandable. better communication would of been good but i would of personally worded the thread/post a little differently then if i got no response i would of then called it a scam. also would of done this before i made pp dispute.

anj46907
08-11-2009, 06:38 PM
i guess its the risk you take when you buy something offline from someone you dont know and product you cant see for yourself

stevexyz
08-11-2009, 06:41 PM
thats understandable. better communication would of been good but i would of personally worded the thread/post a little differently then if i got no response i would of then called it a scam. also would of done this before i made pp dispute.

i did took those steps before i came to this. pls take a look at his original for sale thread. i didn't call him a scammer there. i posted there almost everyday and hoped he would show up to clear things up.

stevexyz
08-11-2009, 06:47 PM
OK, Parker G is NOT a scammer. but i won't take this thread off until i receive the amp from him.

ThatChevyGuy
08-11-2009, 06:52 PM
usps tracking DOES NOT WORK. that is all.

anj46907
08-11-2009, 06:53 PM
OK, Parker G is NOT a scammer. but i won't take this thread off until i receive the amp from him.
you dont exactly have that kind of control

however, people need to take the lumps if they get scammed online...its as simple as that.

as far as making the thread goes..you should have posted him as a bad seller, not a scammer. i dont think 65 bucks or whatever is a scam. i can eat that in icee's and chicken nuggets by lunch time :fyi:

Parker G
08-11-2009, 06:53 PM
i did took those steps before i came to this. pls take a look at his original for sale thread. i didn't call him a scammer there. i posted there almost everyday and hoped he would show up to clear things up.

Again I'm sorry but you were hounding me before I even shipped it off. I know your excited to show your friends at school your new amp.

Now You are leaving me 2 options since you have my pay pal account locked. Option number 1 you can resolve this issue with pay pal and wait patiently or I can grant you a full refund and have my amp sent back. Either way is fine with me.

oldschool4me
08-11-2009, 06:54 PM
usps tracking DOES NOT WORK. that is all.

its delivery conformation not tracking. larger packages do not update on usps.

stevexyz
08-11-2009, 07:01 PM
you dont exactly have that kind of control

however, people need to take the lumps if they get scammed online...its as simple as that.

as far as making the thread goes..you should have posted him as a bad seller, not a scammer. i dont think 65 bucks or whatever is a scam. i can eat that in icee's and chicken nuggets by lunch time :fyi:

alright, i'll edit it once i receive the amp then.

Parker G
08-11-2009, 07:02 PM
alright, i'll edit it once i receive the amp then.

I still don't think you can change the title

stevexyz
08-11-2009, 07:02 PM
Again I'm sorry but you were hounding me before I even shipped it off. I know your excited to show your friends at school your new amp.

Now You are leaving me 2 options since you have my pay pal account locked. Option number 1 you can resolve this issue with pay pal and wait patiently or I can grant you a full refund and have my amp sent back. Either way is fine with me.

yeah, i'll wait for the amp.

Parker G
08-11-2009, 07:06 PM
yeah, i'll wait for the amp.

Than will you please unlock my pay pal account?

rugdnit
08-11-2009, 07:16 PM
patience, communication and understanding.... jeez guys.... it's not that hard.

power-fanatic07
08-11-2009, 07:24 PM
i never use usps, always fedex ground. they seem to ship fast and don't drop ****.

to me its worth the extra few dollars to make the buyer happy.

but it was still a bish move to call him a scammer when you didn't know whether he was or not, and even more of a bish move to file a paypal dispute.

Tone415
08-11-2009, 07:25 PM
i never use usps, always fedex ground. they seem to ship fast and don't drop ****.

to me its worth the extra few dollars to make the buyer happy.

but it was still a bish move to call him a scammer when you didn't know whether he was or not, and even more of a bish move to file a paypal dispute.

If i sold you something and didnt give you a tracking number or didnt respond to you after i told you i shipped your **** and just wait for it, you would call me a scammer and file a pp claim to so stfu

GearGuy2001
08-11-2009, 07:29 PM
USPS doesnt have tracking, its delivery confirmation that happens to show where its at when it works sometimes.

Stop ****ing *****ing and just wait for your amp, Im sure its on the way but standard shipping takes forever.

power-fanatic07
08-11-2009, 07:34 PM
If i sold you something and didnt give you a tracking number or didnt respond to you after i told you i shipped your **** and just wait for it, you would call me a scammer and file a pp claim to so stfu

how do you know what i would or wouldn't do? so you stfu and gtfo

Tone415
08-11-2009, 08:08 PM
how do you know what i would or wouldn't do? so you stfu and gtfo

Because any concerned person dealing with another person online would react in the same matter

mihklo
08-12-2009, 07:08 AM
i would wait until i recieved the amp and saw that it functions properly before i closed a dispute that was opened on pp. if for some reason there is something wrong with it (not saying that there will be), you would not be able to file a 2nd dispute/claim.

OP probably jumped the gun labeling seller as a scammer and also filing a claim. if seller would have maintained communication it would have been easily avoided. with as much scamming that goes on on this forum it is quite easy to jump the gun.

as for $65 not being a scam? are you for real? the amount of money/equipment involved has nothing to do with being scammed or not.

mihklo
08-12-2009, 07:12 AM

1307 1080 0000 2051 1098

was that really that hard? just think if you would have done this in the first place this would have been avoided. a week without communication, when you have been online, would concern most people when purchasing on here.

Parker G
08-13-2009, 07:15 PM
was that really that hard? just think if you would have done this in the first place this would have been avoided. a week without communication, when you have been online, would concern most people when purchasing on here.

Was I online?
Everytime I got online I talked to him.... I can't help it that I don't have as much free time as everyone else on here that doesn't have a life outside there computer :wow:

Parker G
08-13-2009, 07:18 PM
i would wait until i recieved the amp and saw that it functions properly before i closed a dispute that was opened on pp. if for some reason there is something wrong with it (not saying that there will be), you would not be able to file a 2nd dispute/claim.

OP probably jumped the gun labeling seller as a scammer and also filing a claim. if seller would have maintained communication it would have been easily avoided. with as much scamming that goes on on this forum it is quite easy to jump the gun.

as for $65 not being a scam? are you for real? the amount of money/equipment involved has nothing to do with being scammed or not.

And if you were half as smart as you think you sound you'd know that he could file another claim.

SomeGuyDude
08-13-2009, 07:20 PM
Was I online?
Everytime I got online I talked to him.... I can't help it that I don't have as much free time as everyone else on here that doesn't have a life outside there computer :wow:

When you enter into a monetary transaction, it's no longer "free time", you're in "business". Free time is if you're helping someone build a box or giving them advice on what to buy. Soon as you start trading goods and money you gotta put the Business Hat on and not vanish for a week at a time.

Not saying you're a scammer or even a bad dude, just pointing that out.

Macklessdaddy
08-13-2009, 09:44 PM
These threads always end the same,the seller fuccs up and then has the nerve to tell someone they are wrong when obviously it was his fault,then 1 of his dumb comrades(such as gearguy)will chime in about this patience bullshit and the cycle continues(sigh).

johnky
08-13-2009, 10:25 PM
Was I online?

Not only you in this world have a life and get busy all the time. If you were so busy as you claimed, then how could you still manage to come up here and defense yourself in these few days? If you could squeeze just a little bit of your time (like you tried to defense yourself right now) to reply to the OP in the beginning, then none of these would have happened. But just like the OP said, you might not even show up and respond if he didn't post this thread here. Is that how you should treat your customer as a seller? You might not be a scammer, but you are still a bad seller. Just my 2c.

johnky
08-13-2009, 10:29 PM
And if you were half as smart as you think you sound you'd know that he could file another claim.

Enlighten me: How can you file another claim after you close the dispute on Paypal?:crazy: It is Paypal's rule that you can never open another dispute or claim on the same transaction after you close the dispute:rolleyes:

LazyRider
08-14-2009, 01:26 AM
When you enter into a monetary transaction, it's no longer "free time", you're in "business". Free time is if you're helping someone build a box or giving them advice on what to buy. Soon as you start trading goods and money you gotta put the Business Hat on and not vanish for a week at a time.

Not saying you're a scammer or even a bad dude, just pointing that out.

If more people understood this there wouldn't be so many of these threads on here. Sellers really need to step their game up on here.

Mike.
08-14-2009, 03:05 PM
Honestly, I've sold a **** load of things on the internet.
5 steps for success

1. Receive the money in your PayPal account.
2. Pay with PayPal for shipping
3. Print out the label
4. Place the label on the package
5. Drop it off the same or next day at the post office.
And delivery confirmation is free and is sent right to the buyer.

HOW HARD IS THAT?!?!?!?!

SomeGuyDude
08-14-2009, 03:10 PM
Yeah I've sold stuff a lot, had some returns, had to make weird arrangements. Point is it isn't hard and when you're the one holding the chips, so to speak, laziness is not a valid excuse. Unless you're in some really bizarre circumstance (house burned down, had to bail mom out of jail, got drafted into war), there's no excuse for not at least staying in touch.

stevexyz
08-15-2009, 07:05 PM
UPDATE: just got amp today (Aug 15), postmarked Aug 11. and the amp is not working:crap: i'll try to deal with him and see if we can work something out first:(

plyer3
08-15-2009, 07:30 PM

hmmm

stevexyz
08-15-2009, 09:02 PM
UPDATE: parker returned my call, actually quite quickly this time. then i sent him pix of the blown diodes and possible burn mark in the amp. still waiting for him to get back to me. hopefully we can work this thing out.

mihklo
08-17-2009, 02:17 PM

obviously you know nothing about PP.

no wonder you wanted him to close the claim against you, seeing as though you sent him a non working amp

bball09124
08-17-2009, 02:26 PM
Thread title should read "Parker G is a major douche." Even if you're not a scammer I doubt anybody will do business with you in the future because of how you come off in this thread.

stevexyz
08-18-2009, 06:03 PM
UPDATE: after the first and the only one phone call from him on Aug 15, i never heard from him again. we haven't even finished the conversation in that single phone call:( i tried calling him everyday, both cell n' home #, leaving him voicemails. he just never return my calls. he's disappeared again:crap:

vitveet
08-18-2009, 11:48 PM
Guess it's official....he's a scammer!
There's not much out there that can make you "busy" for 3 days where you can't/don't hear your cell or home phones ring, can't/don't listen to the voicemails, and know you have a problem going on online and not get on to check the status....people are busy but good grief. Hopefully he'll come through. Don't give up on him yet, atleast he did come into the thread and chime in, etc.

V.