PDA

View Full Version : Hi all, new here. A few questions...

BennyLava
08-11-2009, 12:20 AM
Just wanted to say hi to everyone. First time on this site and i like it so much, i thought i would go ahead and register. Anyway, I wanted to ask yall's opinion on what the best head unit (single din, going in a 1987 chevy silverado) that i can get is, for around $150. First let me say that you are going to have to consider me a complete noob. I know the basics, but that's it. I have heard that Alpine is kinda known as the best "bang for the buck" in the head unit world. Is this true? Im really not interested in all the extra functions and such that an audiophile might want, i just want it to have USB support, (can read from a flash drive, not just ipods) and be satellite radio ready.

I have been looking at the alpine cda 9886, but the cheapest I can find it anywhere is $250. That is about $100 over my budget limitation, im afraid. Can anyone recommend a the single din cd player that fits in my budget, and will give me the best sound quality?

mccanng
08-11-2009, 01:12 AM
Either the Alpine 9887 or the Pioneer Premier DEH-P880PRS but they are over 250 though.

But they are the top of the line headunits for each brand though.

There are more headunits but I can't think of any off the top of my head though.

Hope this helps man.

edit: Clarion headunits have good sound quality features like time alignment and good equalizers.

BennyLava
08-11-2009, 12:33 PM
Thanks. But do some of the cheaper alpine head units live up to the alpine name?