PDA

View Full Version : New HU help please

Steelemayne
08-10-2009, 02:59 AM
Hey, i just purchased a Pioneer DEH-7800MP and I know for a fact it worked when i bought it from my friend. I took out my stock hu and hooked up everything properly, turned my car on and nothing happened. There seems to be no power at all to the hu, so i re-checked everything again and again but still nothing works. Can anyone suggest a reason(s) why its not working?:crap:

captnfangdango
08-10-2009, 03:06 AM
first check fuse.......if fuse good then use multimeter or test light...........check if your getting power to the hu........if so then check grounds.............good luck

also some hu have fuse in back by harness.........

pickup1
08-10-2009, 03:16 AM
first check fuse.......if fuse good then use multimeter or test light...........check if your getting power to the hu........if so then check grounds.............good luck

X2^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Steelemayne
08-10-2009, 07:26 PM

Checked fuses, all are fine... there doesn't seem to be any power going to the HU at all. I took it to a local shop today and even the guy there was puzzled..
:crap:

ejschultz
08-10-2009, 08:54 PM
Check for all the fuses. When I put a HU in my Jimmy, the fuse on the HU was good and the radio fuse was good too. I still had no power to the HU. There was another fuse in the fuse box that was blown, and it affected the radio.

Steelemayne
08-11-2009, 11:40 PM
Check for all the fuses. When I put a HU in my Jimmy, the fuse on the HU was good and the radio fuse was good too. I still had no power to the HU. There was another fuse in the fuse box that was blown, and it affected the radio.

ok i will check all of the fuses then, thanks man..hopefully we can solve this problem

ejschultz
08-12-2009, 02:23 AM
ok i will check all of the fuses then, thanks man..hopefully we can solve this problem

Best of luck to you, sir.