PDA

View Full Version : Looking for advise on 2 Alpine Head Units

Syncal1
08-09-2009, 03:07 PM
Good afternoon Im looking for some imput, pros and cons of these two units along with their processor. First is the CDA-9887, Second is the IVA-D106, Also thier PHE-H650. Im looking for for overall sound functions, tunning, alignement etc. I will only run music in my vehicle. I would also like to keep the H.U a single DIN. Could you give me any feed back on these items. Also any other simalr products that you may consider better would be great. Thank you for your time.
Anthony

Scoobydoo
08-09-2009, 03:10 PM
advice

Rich B
08-09-2009, 03:15 PM
If you arent the kind who likes to adjust your own settings the 9887 and the PXE-H650 is the best choice since its basically an Audyssey automatic EQ.

If you want to customize for yourself your best choice in processor would be the PXA-H701 processor and its separate controller the RUX-C701.

FJF
08-09-2009, 03:28 PM
Good afternoon Im looking for some imput, pros and cons of these two units along with their processor. First is the CDA-9887, Second is the IVA-D106, Also thier PHE-H650. Im looking for for overall sound functions, tunning, alignement etc. I will only run music in my vehicle. I would also like to keep the H.U a single DIN. Could you give me any feed back on these items. Also any other simalr products that you may consider better would be great. Thank you for your time.
Anthony

I'm not exactly sure why you'd need an external processor with a 9887. It offers time alignment, fully configurable crossovers, a PEQ, and a host of other bells and whistles.

Syncal1
08-10-2009, 12:53 AM
Thank you for your suggestions and comments. Im greatful for them. Mr. Rich B thank you for offering me the chace to look up other options. Mr.FJF thank you as well I was not awear the CDA- 9887 offered what I was looking for in the H.U it self. Thanks for pointing that out.Mr. Scooby doo go blow your self up dude your LAME. Your here to help peole not be a keyboard tough guy.

AlterEgo99
08-10-2009, 09:05 AM
I'd go with the 9887. I've had mine for 2 years. Flawless. Love it. You can adjust everything yourself if you are so inclined, but I prefer Imprint. I does a way better job getting the time alignment right. You just have to know how to set your amps prior to running the measurement software and then you will have a P-E-R-F-E-C-T sounding system. :cool: