PDA

View Full Version : Sealing The Trunk

lowriderram_95
08-08-2009, 06:26 AM
A friend and I just sealed off the trunk of his 98 malibu. He's got the box and port firing into the cabin and it seems louder. I'm wondering how much other's have gained from sealin the trunk?

lowriderram_95
08-08-2009, 11:14 AM
no comments? we just got done great stuffing all the edges and that **** so it should be pretty much sealed up. only thing left to seal is the spare tire well, we thought one can would fill it but we were wrong so we're goin back to wally world in a few to get a few more cans

kodak314
08-08-2009, 01:41 PM
no comments? we just got done great stuffing all the edges and that **** so it should be pretty much sealed up. only thing left to seal is the spare tire well, we thought one can would fill it but we were wrong so we're goin back to wally world in a few to get a few more cans

y u sealin the spare tire well?

lowriderram_95
08-08-2009, 04:10 PM
bc the cover doesn't fit properly anymore so its got a huge leak. that and the box sits right over it so we just took the tire and everything out

lowriderram_95
08-08-2009, 04:37 PM
well we just put a wall at the back of the box that acts like a amp rack and sprayed great stuff all in between the front and back wall and now the trunk barely rattles at all. It's noticably louder on the inside and you can't really hear the bass on the outside when all the doors are closed. We think it turned out really well. The **** license plate rattles still and thats about it but short of dynamat I can't think of any way to stop it, yall got any opinions?