PDA

View Full Version : need help seriously

sacsking916
08-06-2009, 01:25 PM
okay so its a 99 integra ls 4 door auto. i was driving yesterday and out of nowhere it started to feel like it slipped or just a huge loss of power. when i was stuck in traffic on the freeway the car suddenly died on us. popped it in neutral started it back up and it went fine. kinda hesitating from time to time. was on the way home and it shut off on me again when i was at a slow speed. kept driving and it was fine. was at a friends house and when we went to leave the car didnt start. turned it over 2 times and after the 2nd time it turned over and then i stopped with the key and it started up but sputtered none of the dash lights came on really and then i shut it down. a lil smoke came out of the intake and it smelled lke fuel. tried again a few minnutes later and started up fine. came home and ran through the gears it only shifted hard when shifting into D4. other than that it was fine. went to the store just a little bit ago and the same thing. so i need some help. i know you guys are usually pretty helpful when it comes to problems. anyone have any insight on this??? anything really helps. this is the only car we(my girl, 5 mo daughter, and myself). so please anything helpful

sacsking916
08-06-2009, 01:25 PM
oh yea btw i went to an integra site to see if they had anything. not a single word from any of them.

tylork92
08-06-2009, 01:28 PM
maybe bad gas?...not too sure but we had this same kinda problem with our boat last year and it was water in the gas.

sacsking916
08-06-2009, 01:32 PM
its funny cause i thought it was the pump or even the filter. i always use 76 chevron shell that sorta stuff. and just ran a lucas fuel injector in 2 days ago. i wonder if the filter coulda been clogged and the injector cleaner was to thick for it. but i think there is more to it than that.

Varinabassing
08-06-2009, 01:34 PM
Something at may help is changing your fuel filter. Is there any hint of miss fire or smoke coming from the tail pipe if so what color ?

Varinabassing
08-06-2009, 01:35 PM
beat me to it lol

EuphoricBass247
08-06-2009, 01:36 PM
Def sounds like the fuel filter

sacsking916
08-06-2009, 01:39 PM
Something at may help is changing your fuel filter. Is there any hint of miss fire or smoke coming from the tail pipe if so what color ?

nothing out the pipe. just last night out of the intake which kinda through me off a lil.

i think i have a fuel filter lying around that i was gonna use for my civic. same numbers already checked. i yanked it from my job. (autozone). i think thats where i will try. also do any of you think it could be the trans possibly going out?

Varinabassing
08-06-2009, 01:43 PM
Maybe have you check you tranny fluid level? you said it slipped ? and aint shiftin right might be low on fluid. Chek it while car is running

sacsking916
08-06-2009, 01:49 PM
thats my next task. here with the baby while the gf left with her aunt for a minute. so i dont got the chance to just yet. when she gets back is when i am gonna start messing with it.

Varinabassing
08-06-2009, 01:54 PM
How many miles you have on that thing

sacsking916
08-06-2009, 01:58 PM
How many miles you have on that thing

sacsking916
08-06-2009, 02:04 PM
thanks so far with the advice. any other possibilities?

subydude81
08-06-2009, 02:09 PM
I don't think its the fuel filter since when u started it none of the dash lights came on. It wouldn't hurt to change though after 186k miles.

sacsking916
08-06-2009, 02:15 PM
I don't think its the fuel filter since when u started it none of the dash lights came on. It wouldn't hurt to change though after 186k miles.

they came on but they were all dim as if they didnt want to be on. an then i shut it down cause it started to sputter kinda weird. then some smoke came out from the hood and it smelled like gas but no leaks or anything