PDA

View Full Version : box designers.....come here

michaellane
08-05-2009, 12:45 PM
ive seen people post these 3d type pics of a box design. well i got a little sketch of what im trying to do and i want someone to put it in the program and let me take a look. also to doudle check my space or size of the box and if you can help me with tunning using aero ports. the box will go in a 2002 honda accord and the port will blow thru the skipass hole in the rear seats. so the port will kinda be in the middle of the back of the box. also i will need your email so i can email you this sketch i did in microsoft paint.

so please be able to help me out and know your stuff as im trying to make this my last box for these subs....and i will gladly donate for helping me out....

either pm me email or post it up and i will send it out tomorrow morning.

ALSO THE BOX IS COMMON CHAMBERED.
ALSO I PLAN TO USE SOME 6' PVC for port....info on how to mold them to be flared would be kool also...:furious::furious:

michaellane
08-05-2009, 12:55 PM
ttt

killa101
08-05-2009, 01:25 PM
The program I usually see used is Google SkethUp. You could use that to model up your enclosure.
http://sketchup.google.com/

michaellane
08-05-2009, 04:21 PM
well is there anyone who is good with that program and can help with aero tuning and would like to help me out?

dappa5
08-05-2009, 10:46 PM
what do you need mike? hit me back i'll be in all night

DNick454
08-06-2009, 02:59 AM
ive seen people post these 3d type pics of a box design. well i got a little sketch of what im trying to do and i want someone to put it in the program and let me take a look. also to doudle check my space or size of the box and if you can help me with tunning using aero ports. the box will go in a 2002 honda accord and the port will blow thru the skipass hole in the rear seats. so the port will kinda be in the middle of the back of the box. also i will need your email so i can email you this sketch i did in microsoft paint.

so please be able to help me out and know your stuff as im trying to make this my last box for these subs....and i will gladly donate for helping me out....

either pm me email or post it up and i will send it out tomorrow morning.

ALSO THE BOX IS COMMON CHAMBERED.
ALSO I PLAN TO USE SOME 6' PVC for port....info on how to mold them to be flared would be kool also...:furious::furious:

I've got a 98 accord, same body style 98-02. Anyways, it would be really hard to seal a round port to a rectangle ski-port. Also, you'd have to have the subs facing forward too. With the subs facing back and the port facing forward into the cabin, you'd get some weird phase issues. The only way you could make that work really would be to have the subs and port facing forward (subs firing into the backs of the seats and port going through the armrest). And even then, you'd need a rectangle shaped port that seals air tight against that armrest and the rest of the box would have to be sealed off from the trunk space (kind of like a half wall) or else all pressure would leak back into the trunk and actually lessen the sound.

Believe me, I've tried it with my car before :(

I flipped my box facing forward subs and port and it sounded like ***. Even after stuffing towels to seal the box into the cabin space, it still only sounded VERY minimally louder, and it was only in the upper bass frequencies. I think it sounds better with subs and port facing back into the trunk. It gives the car a longer line for the waves to develop and adds cabin gain a little lower in the bass tones.

Besides... what happens when you have someone sitting in that middle seat in the back and you have to fold the armrest up. Then the port is blocked off and it'll be like a horribly oversized leaky sealed enclosure.

If you truly have your heart set on having a setup like that, the best possible way is to take your box with subs facing forward towards the backs of the seats, and then have two 6" aero ports coming up through the rear deck through the 6x9 holes. Just make sure you still seal the front of the box (baffle side) into the cabin.

DonH
08-06-2009, 03:02 AM
one hour of tinkering time with sketchup and your good!