PDA

View Full Version : Kicker Port direction

mr_f4ke
10-30-2003, 06:39 AM
Hi guys, i have two Cvr12, i will construct a ported box for them. I have two question, the first is what can of wood i have to use to construct a good box? the second is that kicker recommends rectangular ports, i will go with them but i cant do it at sides of the box because they will be obstructed with the trunk, so i will do each port ( 2 port) at the fron of the box, what will change that? i always see that the ports that are in the sides always the sub its at the same side of the port, why is that? how will be eith the port in the front? will be the same dimensions of the port? thx guys.

bigred78797
10-31-2003, 03:24 AM
Ok i think im understanding what your saying :uhoh: , Typically ports are place on the same face as the subs becuase there is a more direct interaction between the front wave and the back wave. So to answer you question no it wouldn't hurt to have the ports on the front or the sides and no you don't have to change the diminsions of the port. i didn't understand the question " how will be eith the port in the front". I hope this answerd your questions.

mr_f4ke
11-01-2003, 09:30 AM
Ok i think im understanding what your saying :uhoh: , Typically ports are place on the same face as the subs becuase there is a more direct interaction between the front wave and the back wave. So to answer you question no it wouldn't hurt to have the ports on the front or the sides and no you don't have to change the diminsions of the port. i didn't understand the question " how will be eith the port in the front". I hope this answerd your questions.

Ok man thx. But if i construct the port in the fron of the box the sub have to be in the center of the box, left or right? thx man.