PDA

View Full Version : Why is it so tough to get good customer service (Yes JBL I'm talking to you)

Alter Ego Trip
08-04-2009, 01:43 PM
If I go to Walmart and purchase a Kraco I would expect crappy customer support, if any at all.

I purchase a set of JBL 660GTI component speakers. Hmmm let's see here, MSRP on them is $2,000.00. For $2,000.00 they should come with their own little guy in the box to install them. But they don't, so I get the fun task. So I decide to call JBL to pick their brain a little bit on placement recommendations, etc. After 3 call's I've decided to put up a little list to help good ol JBL out with their horrible customer service.

1) I'm probably the least racist person I know, but is it too much to ask, to get someone who can speak fluent English, or at the very least is remotely understandable? I don't know where in India JBL's plant is located, but it is apparently no where near any English speaking centers.

2) I know JBL offers a few different products, but I don't think it's asking for too much to train your "tech's" (I use this term loosely), to know what they are talking about. It doesn't say much for a company when those who represent you have no idea what bi amping is, or what a waveguide does.

3) If you don't know the answer, please don't make it up. If I ask you a question pertaining to install, etc. and you obviously have no idea what I'm talking about, please don't respond with some ignorant statement hoping it will satisy me.

4) If you know that transferring someone will just send them to an empty voicemail box in la la land, don't lie to them by saying you will have someone on the other end take over the call who can better assist them.

Don't even get me started on Alpine. I purchased a W404 media center for my truck and the manual states you can upload APN files as backgrounds. Well I can't get it to work so I call Alpine for some assistance. They guy proceeds to tell me I'm apparently not burning the file correctly onto the disc. I literally spend 10 minutes arguing with him that a 404 doesn't have a CD slot. :crap:

Rant off. :D

Hoodlum007
08-04-2009, 01:47 PM
JBL has all tech support calls forwarded to your local 7-11.

Stephen_c
08-04-2009, 01:47 PM
u mad?

Lakota
08-04-2009, 01:51 PM
Small companies ftw!

Alter Ego Trip
08-04-2009, 02:31 PM
JBL has all tech support calls forwarded to your local 7-11.

LOL. Now that makes sense.

u mad?

Sorry, I'm not familiar with your uneducated internet slang. Please rephrase the question in the form of an intelligent response. ;)

Small companies ftw!

For sure.

Jared530
08-04-2009, 02:39 PM
lol **** i would be heated

Heide264
08-04-2009, 02:44 PM
Still better than modern day "Eclipse" after having fujitsu-Idon'tgiveadarn-aboutmycustomers buy them out.

I have their P26T tweeters from their power series (one series down from yours).. I thought they were a bit harsh at first, but when I put the windows down man they sound good =). Very happy with them actually. Mounts are pretty nice too if you are a perfectionist after you figure them out.