PDA

View Full Version : Active setup - Audison Bit One

BAT284
08-04-2009, 10:51 AM
Question on the Bit One:

Can the Bit One accept 2 channels of preamp signal and output that signal to 6 channels (3 sets at different crossover settings)?

If yes, then if my input voltage is 5 volts each, will that voltage be split to the 6 outputs or will each output voltage be 5 volts or greater?

I an trying to find if this processor will work for running an active 3-way component speaker system for the front stage. I would like to use the HUs front preamps just for the front stage and save the rear preamps for the back doors (probably a full range speaker or passive 2-way components).

If this wont work, does anyone know what will. Any options?

bose301s
08-04-2009, 12:10 PM
Yes, you can take 1 input and split it 3 ways no problem. I know for my DSP6 the voltage also gets split however so you would have a much lower output voltage.

LaserRed38
08-04-2009, 12:14 PM
Where are you buying it from? The set up is very complicated. I'd get it authorized from a shop and have them walk you through it.

BAT284
08-04-2009, 03:27 PM
i doubt there is any authorized shop nearby. i do plan on doing a lot of research on active tuning and getting help from someone nearby.

I have read that the with DSP6 the input voltage does get split to the output voltage. I would like to know if the same gets done with the bit one. if so is a line driver such as the Tru needed. What is the voltage input limits on the bit one. The Audison website and pdf spec sheet for the bit do not give this info. I have sent them an email with these questions.