PDA

View Full Version : Going active

Theride
08-03-2009, 11:28 PM
if i want to amp ALL speakers, front and back, will i need another amp since the 4 channel i have will be tied up with the tweets and mid?

dumple
08-03-2009, 11:31 PM
how many speakers do you have

ciaonzo
08-03-2009, 11:33 PM
You need a channel of amplification for each driver.

Theride
08-03-2009, 11:34 PM
2way component up front and coax in the rear

Theride
08-03-2009, 11:35 PM
You need a channel of amplification for each driver.

so i guess my rears will have to go back on the HU. I dont have room for another amp, although i have another one

Theride
08-04-2009, 12:27 AM
also...i have a clarion equalizer coming. would that be good for the CROSS-OVER portion?

bass_lover1
08-04-2009, 02:01 AM
if i want to amp ALL speakers, front and back, will i need another amp since the 4 channel i have will be tied up with the tweets and mid?

What does this have to do with going active?

2way component up front and coax in the rear

Again...active, really?

so i guess my rears will have to go back on the HU. I dont have room for another amp, although i have another one

Sure, you could do that...

also...i have a clarion equalizer coming. would that be good for the CROSS-OVER portion?

Um, WHICH Clarion EQ? I doubt it though because it's an EQ not a crossover, at least it is going by your vague description.

BlackMaxima
08-04-2009, 03:32 AM
bass_lover1, what kind of a crossover would you recommend if someone want to do 3way active in the front?? cause in my case i wanna keep the stock HU

Theride
08-04-2009, 06:58 AM
What does this have to do with going active?

Again...active, really?

Sure, you could do that...

Um, WHICH Clarion EQ? I doubt it though because it's an EQ not a crossover, at least it is going by your vague description.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6655_Clarion+EQS746.html

I am just doing my research on going active.

bass_lover1
08-04-2009, 10:41 AM
bass_lover1, what kind of a crossover would you recommend if someone want to do 3way active in the front?? cause in my case i wanna keep the stock HU

You want to keep the OEM headunit and do a 3-way active front setup? Audison BitOne.1 is the only thing that comes to mind, but they aren't cheap. But it's the only all-in-one unit that will offer you the processing you need to tackle a job like that.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6655_Clarion+EQS746.html

I am just doing my research on going active.

Yea, that's 99% EQ and 1% Crossover. The 1% is ONLY a low pass for the sub out. Looks like you've got some more research to do.

James Bang
08-04-2009, 10:43 AM
You want to keep the OEM headunit and do a 3-way active front setup? Audison BitOne.1 is the only thing that comes to mind, but they aren't cheap. But it's the only all-in-one unit that will offer you the processing you need to tackle a job like that.

Yea, that's 99% EQ and 1% Crossover. The 1% is ONLY a low pass for the sub out. Looks like you've got some more research to do.

kudos for your patience

bass_lover1
08-04-2009, 10:48 AM
kudos for your patience

It's sometimes hard to keep the keyboard commando locked away, but I manage.

BlackMaxima
08-08-2009, 12:21 AM
thx bass_lover1

and i think AudioControl has OEM Integration, i dont know which one better still looking lol, that's if i wanna keep the oem H/U and use passive comps.

i down to LC7 or The Epicenter Plus from AudioControl
http://www.audiocontrol.com/t34/17612/OEM-Integration.html