PDA

View Full Version : Several Nissan Altima questons.

Biker
08-03-2009, 10:18 PM
I just bought an 08 Altima. The dash with single CD stereo does not look like a din or double din, Just a big triangle covering control buttons also. Can I install a Double Din Navigation syyem, and how will it look.

What would you suggest for a fairly high end system that will play dvds while driving.

Does the altima make a good car for a 1000+ SQL system.

Thanks so much.

Biker

PerformanceAuto
08-08-2009, 07:40 PM
A single DIN application will work, with the proper installation mounting kit.
The radio mounting depth available is 7-5/8".
The front speakers in dash are 3-1/2".
The front door speakers are 6-1/2".
The rear deck speakers are 6x9".

For your head unit, I would definitely go Kenwood high end on a nice vehicle like that Altima; something classy and appealing with features.

If you need additional help, tech support, or purchasing; simply email me at [email protected] Happy to help!

1hawaii50
08-09-2009, 09:58 PM
Go here:
https://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getJointLocator&siteid=214258&chapter=&sectionids=0,2610&groupid=4805&subgroupid=4599&componentid=16793&make=25&model=Altima%20sedan&year=2008&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0
This is the faceplate that you want to use to go over the installation kit, the face texture exactly matches the texture of the factory dash. you can then install your single/double din radio, and it will have more of a factory look. I used it on my wife's 07 Altima. As far as whether I'd put a big honking sub in the Altima...I WOULD NOT! Reason being, my wife's Altima is about 1 1/2 yrs old and it so many rattles that I hate to drive it. I can't imagine the rattles it would have if I had a huge sub in the trunk. Now if you don't mind dynamating the hell out of the car and chasing down the rattles and fixing them (if they bother you), then go for it. As far as the rattles, check any Altima forums, and you'll find that it's a fairly common issue in that vehicle.

2NYCE
08-09-2009, 10:02 PM
I just bought an 08 Altima. The dash with single CD stereo does not look like a din or double din, Just a big triangle covering control buttons also. Can I install a Double Din Navigation syyem, and how will it look.

What would you suggest for a fairly high end system that will play dvds while driving.

Does the altima make a good car for a 1000+ SQL system.

Thanks so much.

Biker

I have the dash kit from my old 2007 Altima

let me know if you want it for $10 plus ship

:)

2NYCE
08-09-2009, 10:03 PM
BTW...my old Alti sounded great

:)

fun to work with...the doors didnt need much deadening