PDA

View Full Version : $600 for new HT towers and a center. Any suggestions

hzsogood
08-01-2009, 06:26 PM
I have a pioneer vsx819 receiver and an all Polk setup. I have 2 subs on the way ( a 12" and a 15" aa hdsub ) but I have a feeling thesesubs are going to over power my current setup up front of a Polk cs10 center and tsi 300 towers. I see there's tons of good deals people find here from all over the net so I'm looki g for suggestions

I have about 2 weeks left on my 30 day return policy from best buy so any suggestions would help. If theres a good dual 6 1/2 speaker tower or 3 5 1/4 that would be good cuz it really seems these speakers seem to struggle when turned up

Are the monitor 60s much better than what I have? Cuz I see alot of people running them and they seem pretty happy. So any suggestions of around or if possible,less than $600 thT wouldbe great. Thanks again

I believe my receiver is rated for 110x5 with the 1khz rating. So maybe dri ing all 5 channels maybe right around 70-80/ per channel?

AudioFreak
08-01-2009, 06:31 PM
you should try using an external amp for the towers

Alter Ego Trip
08-01-2009, 06:59 PM
you should try using an external amp for the towers

That's kind of a blanket statement. It depends on the ohm rating, their efficiency, and how they are crossed over that will really determine if it's worth it to add an additional amp.

On a side not, sub's generally won't overpower anything if they are setup properly. Grab a DVE disc and setup the mains for 85 db's and the sub for 75 at 0 db's and you'll be golden. I've been doing HT setup's for years, if you need any help just PM me.

Alter Ego Trip
08-01-2009, 07:05 PM
BTW, if it were me I'd go this route. A little over budget, but would sound killer for the money spent.

http://axiomaudio.com/global/images/products/main/M22CherryGrilleOff2.jpg

http://axiomaudio.com/global/images/products/main/VP100CherryGrilleOff2.jpg

725.00 to your door.

hzsogood
08-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the posts guys. I don't want to do anything crazy I mean my whole setup was $1100 bucks. Tsi300s, cs10 center , t15 rears and a pioneer receiver that decodes HD. And the 2 subs. I love good sound and this is a descent setup but for the price best buy charged me for these 3 I just know I could get a whole new front stage that sounds much better

just like frikkin car audio. Once you think you have somethin good , you want bigger Nd better.

Helll all this was supposed to be was a minor upgrade cuz my tv ( Sammy ln52a750 ) like all new flatscreens have **** poor speakers and now thAt I have the 5.1 I'll actually say I'm more excited and impressed to watch blu rays for there sound over pq now. Funny how that happens lol

hzsogood
08-01-2009, 08:14 PM
That's kind of a blanket statement. It depends on the ohm rating, their efficiency, and how they are crossed over that will really determine if it's worth it to add an additional amp.

On a side not, sub's generally won't overpower anything if they are setup properly. Grab a DVE disc and setup the mains for 85 db's and the sub for 75 at 0 db's and you'll be golden. I've been doing HT setup's for years, if you need any help just PM me.

Ygpm