PDA

View Full Version : Channaman: Horrible communication, bad seller

Fast1one
08-01-2009, 05:39 PM
Going to keep this short. I bought an Alpine 9813 over a month ago and it took a while to get here (not his fault, postal service *****). From the beginning he had very bad communication and never provided me with a tracking number, despite lying to me that he did get one for the package.

It arrived maybe two weeks later, and to my surprise the Faceplate, remote, and manual were COMPLETELY missing. He claimed he "forgot" to put them in the box, but I am starting to doubt that very much so. He shipped the items a couple days later.

Fast forward around 3-4 weeks to present day, and I still do not have said items from him. Once again, he has failed to provide me with a tracking number or any other documentation that proves the package to ship. He continues to have bad communication, taking several days at times to reply to my messages, despite making frequent visits to the forum.

I have ran out of patience, and I needed to rant. I don't like to call people out because i feel that people deserve chances, but this is ridiculous. I have no deck, therefore no music, and no extra cash to buy another (needs to be active capable). I PM'd him a couple days ago asking for a refund and he has not responded.

This is bullshit, I want my money or I want the items now. 1 hour of commuting each day is not the most pleasant experience with out any music. Pay up Channaman!

vitveet
08-02-2009, 01:35 AM
***** bro. Don't give up on him though.
Link to the thread he was selling it?

V.

basebalz13
08-02-2009, 01:38 AM
he is from canada...you can find him on the canadian forum....

i almost bought alpine D310 well traded... something like this came up and i backed out thank god

brirat
08-02-2009, 01:42 AM
I sold to him without any problems. I am not defending him either. If you paid by Paypal you should file a claim. Hope you get this resolved.

pickup1
08-02-2009, 01:43 AM
Going to keep this short. I bought an Alpine 9813 over a month ago and it took a while to get here (not his fault, postal service *****). From the beginning he had very bad communication and never provided me with a tracking number, despite lying to me that he did get one for the package.

It arrived maybe two weeks later, and to my surprise the Faceplate, remote, and manual were COMPLETELY missing. He claimed he "forgot" to put them in the box, but I am starting to doubt that very much so. He shipped the items a couple days later.

Fast forward around 3-4 weeks to present day, and I still do not have said items from him. Once again, he has failed to provide me with a tracking number or any other documentation that proves the package to ship. He continues to have bad communication, taking several days at times to reply to my messages, despite making frequent visits to the forum.

I have ran out of patience, and I needed to rant. I don't like to call people out because i feel that people deserve chances, but this is ridiculous. I have no deck, therefore no music, and no extra cash to buy another (needs to be active capable). I PM'd him a couple days ago asking for a refund and he has not responded.

This is bullshit, I want my money or I want the items now. 1 hour of commuting each day is not the most pleasant experience with out any music. Pay up Channaman!

sounds like what he was doing to me.i bought some alpine comps,he had all the tweeter mounts and stuff.so i trade some batt.terms,"y" adaptors,and some little **** and paid $7 bucks to ship and got nothing but excuses.i told him to slide me 20 and call it even and he say he didnt have that and no word from him in months.
he can **** my left nut and watch the other one get jealous.:eek:

infamous_e46
08-02-2009, 01:48 AM
Hey bro if you gimme 35 bucks I'll send you the sick *** clarion dxz615 he sold me that has error code 6 :crap:

Annnarbor84
08-02-2009, 01:51 AM
**** this bish gets around:crap:

Fast1one
08-02-2009, 01:53 AM
Finally the truth comes out, I really wish I had posted this earlier. From the time I got the first package.

Hopefully we can prevent this from going on further. If anyone is registered in other forums that he is in please repost this tread over there to prevent this **** from happening in other sites.

I have already accepted that I may very well be screwed. Bought another deck accordingly. Just really tired of not having music.

Looking back at the transaction, it has been a lot longer than I thought. Looks like another 2-3 weeks. Long story short, I tried filing a claim but I guess its too late. ****.

Oh well, probably 70+ transactions on various websites, this is the first time getting screwed this bad (got another one, but that was 15 bucks). You live and learn, then buy from more reputable sellers.

Fast1one
08-02-2009, 01:55 AM
One more note, I was a little too nice even with the title....

Can a mod please add SCAMMMER or something to the title block for me? Judging by the responses, I think its an appropriate title at this point. Thanks :)

Oh, and Channaman if you ever read this. You are the scum of the world and karma WILL catch up to you. I am confident in that, nature of life

Annnarbor84
08-02-2009, 01:58 AM
One more note, I was a little too nice even with the title....

Can a mod please add SCAMMMER or something to the title block for me? Judging by the responses, I think its an appropriate title at this point. Thanks :)

Oh, and Channaman if you ever read this. You are the scum of the world and karma WILL catch up to you. I am confident in that, nature of life

Bent wrist ********** will work;)

Fast1one
08-02-2009, 02:01 AM
PS, someone buy my audio control stuff to offset the difference! :crap:

basebalz13
08-02-2009, 04:28 AM
dang im lucky lol

Fast1one
08-06-2009, 01:12 AM
No reply whatsoever, looks like he's probably gone. What a ****.

ciaonzo
08-06-2009, 01:15 AM
Sorry to hear it Serg.

plugitin
08-06-2009, 03:59 AM

I bet you the deck is stolen...he stole it when the faceplate was off of it in someones vehicle, thats why he has no manual or remote:crap:

Fast1one
08-08-2009, 12:44 PM
Sorry to hear it Serg.You live and learn. Life moves on. Im gonna keep it and keep an eye out for a cheap faceplate.

If anyone finds one (50 bucks or something) please let me know. It would be nice to recoup some of my money as its pretty worthless without the faceplate :(

I bet you the deck is stolen...he stole it when the faceplate was off of it in someones vehicle, thats why he has no manual or remote:crap:I thought about that but it came with the original box. Still could very well be stolen. ****ing scum of the earth.

throatrattling
08-08-2009, 02:11 PM
Faceplate finally came back to me.. no idea what the problem was but I have it back.. and its being shipped out when the post office opens on Monday morning.. might want to hold off on buying another faceplate bud.. Sorry about this whole situation but it's been out of my hands.. postal service was not helping at all. As for everyone else talking their **** after ive gone out of my way on many transactions on this site. dont come on this thread with your problems when things have already been settled. Infamous I offered to give you all your money back.. despite giving u the deck on a payment plan which u only paid like 30 bucks of.. which didnt even cover the shipping. If youre going to come here saying i scammed you then why tell me u dont want your money back and everything is square.. grow up

throatrattling
08-08-2009, 02:15 PM
Fast1one.. whatever the fastest shipping is.. the faceplate and remote with case will be on its way via that monday morning.. sorry man but this whole time ive just had to sit back and wait to see what would happen with the package.. calling the post office every other day trying to find out what went wrong.

Fast1one
08-08-2009, 05:34 PM
Well about time you replied. Looks like you are taking the effort to redeem yourself. Don't forget the remote and manual.

anj46907
08-08-2009, 05:40 PM
no offense but why is everyone so **** about getting a tracking number. when its shipped via mail.....doesnt do u any good as they dont provide updates...best of luck

Fast1one
08-08-2009, 05:41 PM
no offense but why is everyone so **** about getting a tracking number. when its shipped via mail.....doesnt do u any good as they dont provide updates...best of luckPriority mail tracking has always given me updates, don't know what you have been using :confused:

anj46907
08-08-2009, 05:47 PM
Priority mail tracking has always given me updates, don't know what you have been using :confused:

i could take a dump in a box and ship it with tracking info.....

basically what im saying is.....

its always better to purchase from a company. if you do purchase from a private seller, its a risk no matter what. i would rather spend the xtra cash to make sure i was giving my money to someone legit and to be sure that im getting what i paid for.

like in this case....he send the unit itself but not the components to operate it:crap:

buying off someone online is way to risky

pickup1
08-08-2009, 05:48 PM
then where's my stuff or my money?

Fast1one
08-08-2009, 05:53 PM
i could take a dump in a box and ship it with tracking info.....

basically what im saying is.....

its always better to purchase from a company. if you do purchase from a private seller, its a risk no matter what. i would rather spend the xtra cash to make sure i was giving my money to someone legit and to be sure that im getting what i paid for.

like in this case....he send the unit itself but not the components to operate it:crap:

buying off someone online is way to riskyTHere is a risk of course, but there is some equipment that you can't purchase from a company. Old school and/or rare equipment falls into this category. Sure it will pop up on ebay from time to time, but it's not common place.

I have over 150+ transactions with private sellers on various forums and ebay. This is the first time I have ever had a serious issue. You can easily get screwed from a company too, if the customer service is not up to par. What if your product gets damaged during transit or arrives DOA? You would be surprised how many companies will go out of their way to NOT pay for the damages. Just depends on how you want to get screwed :)

vickman08
08-08-2009, 11:10 PM
good dude^^^.sold me the same deck and it works like a champ...id sell it back to you if you want...

Fast1one
08-08-2009, 11:14 PM
good dude^^^.sold me the same deck and it works like a champ...id sell it back to you if you want...
Ended up getting a Clarion DXZ785USB. Thank you for the offer though, enjoy that deck its a classic!

Goindef154
08-17-2009, 04:25 AM
I sold to channaman a while ago and my stuff took a while to get to him and he was totally patient even though it took a few weeks, that's the extent of my experience with him, cool guy in my book on that department. Just my 2 cents.

Fast1one
08-25-2009, 10:41 PM
Still waiting...

Fast1one
09-02-2009, 01:14 PM
Almost another month gone.

DUMPED
09-02-2009, 01:49 PM
^^^^^^
are you serious?

you havent gotten that other stuff?
its been 4 weeks and NOTHING?

WOW !!!

Goindef154
09-02-2009, 02:04 PM
Have you been checking the canadian forum?

Shinju
09-02-2009, 02:11 PM
wow way to long.... Sorry to hear that Fast1one you are a good guy you have been way to patient with this guy.

Any actions that you can take?

Fast1one
09-08-2009, 07:15 PM
^^^^^^
are you serious?

you havent gotten that other stuff?
its been 4 weeks and NOTHING?

WOW !!!Nothing, not even a PM

Have you been checking the canadian forum?No I have not. To be honest I have been very busy with work and preparing to move for school again. I haven't been very proactive about it.

wow way to long.... Sorry to hear that Fast1one you are a good guy you have been way to patient with this guy.

Any actions that you can take?There's really nothing I can do through paypal. I tried opening a dispute a while ago but there was nothing they could do. BS but whatever. I'm too positive of a person to let this bring me down. Its more the principle of the thing than the money.

I'm thinking of just keeping my eyes open for a good deal on a faceplate then just selling it. It is what it is.

Fast1one
09-09-2009, 05:36 PM
Ok, he has offered me a refund if I don't get the items by the end of this week. I told him I would send him the items back at MY cost. If the faceplate ever does get here, I will send that off as well.

Fast1one
09-15-2009, 08:52 PM
No faceplate, reply or refund due Saturday

Fast1one
09-16-2009, 03:11 PM
Guess what finally showed up in the mail today?????

3+ months later, I have a complete deck. Channaman was telling the truth after all. I have no idea why it took so long to get here. I still have not tested the unit, but I don't have any reason to believe that it is non-functional. I will test it once I move back to school tomorrow. But it looks as though Channaman has come through.

Let this be a lesson: Don't forget items with the initial shipment! Now I need to decide whether I want to swap in the Alpine or sell it since I already have a deck in place. Decisions decisions...

PIITB Wut Wut
09-16-2009, 03:40 PM
its broke

throatrattling
09-23-2009, 06:10 PM
Fast1one can you please confirm that the unit is 100% functional and in good condition, thanks.

bubbagumper6
09-23-2009, 06:22 PM
Doesn't matter if it was the post office's screw up, he should have been on here like every day keeping in contact with you. You can just sit back and see what happens, and not respond to the messages of your buyer...that's how you get a bad rep...

Fast1one
09-30-2009, 10:16 PM
Sorry it took so long. I didn't have the time to test it since school started and its been hectic.

Unit is working fine in all regards. A happy ending I suppose. I just need to sell it now or swap it with my current HU to recoup my money.